Chapter 34

Emmett pov

I walked around the mall checking everything whether the workers are doing their job.

Every six months, I visit every malls and hotels. I have to see if they need any changes. Workers do their job but I have to check it with my own eyes.

As I was walking, I stopped at Tiffany's as my eyes catches a ring which was on display. Instantly my mind imagined how it would have looked at my Aaliyah. I remember how our wedding had happened where I didn't even give my Aaliyah a glance. My heart pained remembering that. Seeing this my mind flash a plan. Our wedding anniversary is in few weeks.

"Sir, is there any trouble" I heard my PA voice. I looked at him.

"No, just wait here for a second" I said going inside the shop. Immediately the manager rushed towards me.

"Good afternoon sir, are you looking for something" he asked. I showed him the ring that I saw earlier and said him to pack it up.

"Surely sir, but that is a demo piece. I request you collect it tomorrow morning, I will have it ready. You can look for other designs if you want sir" he said. I nod my head looking around. I bought a beautiful bracelet for Aaliyah.

I gave it to my PA and strolled around for some more time. But I saw Aaliyah in one of the shop. Looking at her my heart filled with happiness. She was looking at the dresses hanged around. I was about to go in but stopped when I saw a person approaching her with a dress.

She turned to him and smiled hugging him tightly. Instantly my hands formed into fist seeing that person wrap his arms around her. She pulled away and took the dress he was having analysing it. She kissed his cheek hugging him again. He kissed her forehead looking at her lovingly.

Somewhere in my heart I heard a crack. I don't know why, but seeing her with someone made my heart weak.

Why is Nate after her? Did he think he had opportunity when Aaliyah went to him after I didn't went to the restaurant. Is he trying to snatch my Aaliyah, my love from me?

Wait! Love!

Damn it, I have been in love with her and I just realised when I saw her with someone. I knew I was falling for her but I didn't think I would fall this soon.

I know Aaliyah loves me. But will she leave me because I haven't treated her well from the beginning. Does she thinks, I don't deserve her. She looks so happy with him.

"Sir.....sir" i felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked away from them to my PA.

"Is there something wrong sir" he asked. I shook my head saying 'no'. I looked at them again and found them going to the counter.

I walked away only thinking about Aaliyah.

I didn't feel like to work, so I went back to home. I thought to give her the bracelet today but I didn't feel like to now. I hid the bracelet and went to my balcony in my room and looked at the sunset.

I felt lost. I couldn't imagine how Aaliyah felt when she saw me with that model, when I was New York. My purpose was only business. But for Aaliyah, she has been friends with him for years. She would have developed something for him when she wasn't with me. Did she realises her feelings for him and leave me now.

I felt slightly cold hands wrap around my bare chest hugging me from behind.

"Hey" I heard her sweet voice as she placed a kiss on my back.

"Hey" I said placing my hands on her as I smiled slightly. She came back to me.

"I missed you" she mumbled placing her cheek on my back. I chuckled at her statement.