Chapter 22

Aaliyah pov

I don't know how a month has passed by. It's been six months today since I married Emmett. As he said he is getting to know me. And I like this.....no love this Emmett so much. He is funny, caring, sweet etc. I can't describe it.

He spends more time with me. Every morning and night he eats with me. Sometimes he joins in the kitchen helping me and Nancy. Sometimes he comes to my office, and take me out for lunch. On weekends he comes with me to visit my parents. He has changed a lot.

We would watch movies in the living room and fall asleep together on the couch. That's the part I like. He is the one who suggests to watch movie after dinner. I only agree because I get to cuddle with him. He is like a big soft teddy bear. Sometimes I wait for him fall asleep so that I could watch him.

That's all we have done since he asked for a chance. We have become good friends.

When I said about this to Seb, he was mad. He didn't want me to give him a chance. He said when he didn't give you one, why will you give one. I didn't know what to say. He didn't talk with me for two days. Nate convinced him. I don't know what happened between Seb and Emmett. They are not talking properly. Seb avoids Emmett whenever Emmett comes to my office. I tried to find out what happened but neither of them had opened their mouth. So I let it be. I know Seb will talk to him soon.

I was working in my office when there was a knock. I said come in. Emmett came in smiling at me.

"Hey" he said giving me his warm hug. I hugged him back.

"Hey, what are doing here so early" I asked looking at the time. It's still eleven thirty. He usually comes at one for lunch.

"I came here to inform that, we have a business party to attend. Jacob invited you to come" he said still keeping his hands on my waist.

"You just came here to tell me that" I asked.

"Yes. And also I am selecting a dress for you because the party is tonight" he said.

"You didn't have to come. You could have called and said. I would have picked a dress myself" I said looking at him.

"But I wanted to choose a dress for you because I am taking you as my date" he said kissing my cheek. I blushed looking down.

Just his kisses on cheek, forehead and neck make me blush. Because it's first time for me. And he is the only one who can make me feel like this. We haven't kissed yet. I am waiting for him to make the move. I don't want to break the connection what we have now just because I want to kiss him and make me as his. I am taking it slow just how he wants.

"Now come on. I want to select a dress for you but not from your shop. I know yours are great and you know everything. So I want to give you a different and unique one" he said.

"Okay" I said.

Soon we reached the mall which was Emmett's. I was surprised to see it. It was elegant. He took me to a shop and started searching. He searched for more than half an hour and still hasn't found one. I tried to help him but he just made me sit there.

"Yes, I found it" I heard Emmett's voice. I looked at him. He came towards me with a light green gown. He gave the dress to me and started pushing me towards the changing room.

"Now quickly check the size and show me how it looks" he said. I went inside the room and changed to that dress. It was so beautiful. I haven't made such type of dress till now. I liked his selection, it's surely is unique and different from my boutique.

I haven't wore anything like this. I wanted to surprise him after I get ready. I quickly changed back and went out. Emmett frowned coming towards me.