Chapter 27

Emmett pov

I walked into my office loosing my tie around my neck feeling exhausted. I sat on the chair and leaned my head back and relaxed.

I would really love to have Aaliyah's head massage now. I don't know how she does it, but I feel good after that.

Ahh, I miss her.

It's been two weeks since I saw her face to face. We would face time eachother and talk but it doesn't feel the same. I miss having her in my arms, her cooking, kissing her, and sleeping beside her. Totally I miss my Aaliyah.

Two weeks back there was a major problem occurred in one of my branch in Spain. It was a unexpected call. It was a huge crisis and I have to come here to resolve. Until now I hadn't found out how the problem arised. The investors in the company started leaving our deals. I haven't got to know why. I left that thought and just continued how to bring it back.

As I remember the time, I sat straight opening my laptop. I found three notification on skype. It was from Aaliyah. Now it's six thirty in Spain, it would be twelve thirty in the midnight in Georgia.

I forgot to call her again.

I Skyped her immediately hoping she would pick. I know it's late, but I want to see her face. If she doesn't pick up, that means she is sleeping or mad at me. She will stay awake untill I call her back or till I would pick her call.

In few rings the call connected. I knew she is waiting for me to call back.

Instead of her cute face, I see a teddy bear which was hugged by Aaliyah.

I got that gift for her when I took her out for a date, a week after we visited grandma

I got that gift for her when I took her out for a date, a week after we visited grandma. It's been a month since that date.

She was narrowing her eyes at me. She is mad but looked cute.

"Hey" I said smiling at her. I didn't get any reaction from her. Okayyyyy.

"You won't talk to me" I asked. She turned the teddy head left to right.

"May I know why my beautiful wife doesn't like to talk to me" I asked. I know she is blushing behind the teddy because whenever I compliment her, she looks down just like now.

She put her chin on teddy head showing her face. She looked tired and sleepy but still staying awake.

Just for me.

"You said you will call early today but you didn't" she said rubbing her eyes.

"I am sorry. I was busy with work and lost track of time" I said. We talked for few minutes asking how our day has went. She yawned placing her head on the teddy bear.

"Go to bed you look tired, I will be here till you sleep" I said. She nod her head and went to bed. She placed the laptop on bed making me to see her sleep hugging the teddy bear tightly to her chest.