Chapter 40

Aaliyah pov

I woke up as I felt kisses on my stomach and someone speaking.

"Hey there baby. Good morning"

I opened my eyes and found Emmett smiling looking at my flat stomach as he placed his head there. I smiled at him and ran my fingers in his hair. He looked up at me.

"Good morning Aaliyah" he said coming up to me kissing my lips.

"Good morning" I said after pulling away from him. I sat up and leaned against the headboard. Emmett placed his head on my lap and looked at my stomach.

"I can't wait to meet the baby" he said looking up at me.

"Me too" I said smiling at him.

Even though I didn't take the test, I know I am pregnant. Since we reached this island, I would get dizziness and nausea from time to time. I avoided as much as I can from Emmett. When Emmett went out to pick woods, my mind flashed for my periods. Then I was sure, I am pregnant because of the symptoms.

I am so happy that a small human being is growing inside me. I was beyond happy when I saw Emmett reaction. He cried because he was going to be a dad.

"What are you thinking" I heard Emmett voice. I looked down at him.

"Nothing, just remembering yesterday how happy you were" I said.

"Ohh believe me, I am still over the moon. Just one year back, I wouldn't have thought one day I would be starting my own family" he said sitting up.

"Go and get showered. I will make something for us" he said kissing my cheek and went out.

I went to my bag and took out the cellphone Jacob had given me. I checked for any message. And I saw the message I was waiting for, I knew what I should be prepared for.

'Everything is good here. I will come by tomorrow morning to pick you guys. Don't tell anything to Emmett just yet'

I replied to the message.

'Okay, Emmett is downstairs. Call the landline and tell him you are coming tomorrow'

I sighed and leaning against the wall. It's really hard to keep this from Emmett. But he shouldn't know yet.

I switched off the cellphone and hid in my bag. I heard the landline ring and soon it stopped. I went to bathroom and removed my bra and panties because I only slept in that. I got into the shower.

I went out the room wearing his t-shirt and shorts. I descended stairs and went into kitchen. I found Emmett flipping pancakes. He has learnt more cooking staying here. I went to him and hugged him from behind.

He caressed my arm. I kissed his muscular bare back and pulled away from him. I went beside him and looked at him. He looked at me and then my outfit.

"Aren't you getting too cosy in my t-shirts" he said putting the pancakes in the plate.

"Since we reached here, I haven't seen you wear one so I am making use of it" I said smiling at him. He chuckled and turned off the stove. He pulled me towards him by my hand.

"Don't tell me you won't enjoy it at all" he smirked at me. I slapped his chest slightly blushing making him laugh. We both went to dinning table and started eating.

"Oh I forgot. Jacob called few minutes back telling he will come tomorrow morning" Emmett said.

"Okay" I said looking at plate. Emmett grabbed my hand making me look at him.