Chapter 35

Emmett pov

Nate's apartment was decorated with romantic setup. Red roses everywhere with red heart shape balloons. I was shocked to see the arrangements. Even Nate was all ready wearing suit.

"What's all this" I seethed in anger going inside.

"It's...... It's...." he shuttered behind me in panic. I turned around him.

"You think you can win Aaliyah by surprising her with this" I said gesturing the decorations. He looked at me confused.

"What" he said.

"You think I didn't see the love in your eyes for Aaliyah. You are trying to change her mind making her yours. Mark my words, Aaliyah loves only me. She will not leave for anyone because I love her too. I won't leave her. Keep this in mind, she is mine" I said to him.

He scratched his neck nervously.

"You are getting the wrong idea...." he started off.

"Tell me how this is wrong idea. I saw how you were holding her when I came to pick her up last week. I saw you two at the mall yesterday, how you were trying to impress her. And how you wanted her today here. I can see what you are trying to do" I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"This is not......" he was cut off by another voice.

"Emmett"

I looked past Nate to find Aaliyah and Sebastian. Aaliyah looked surprised to see me but Sebastian looked surprised to see the arrangements. Aaliyah rushed towards me.

"What are you doing here" she asked. I opened my mouth to answer but Nate said "Sebastian".

Sebastian looked shocked.

"What is Seb..." Aaliyah covered my mouth with her hand stopping me from talking taking me surprise.

"Nate, All the best. Don't be nervous" Aaliyah whispered to Nate and pulled me to the balcony on the living room. I stood there in surprise. She pulled her hand away from my mouth and peeked inside the glass door.

"What is happening" I asked.

"Shhh" she said without turning to me. I went beside her looked inside through the glass sliding door.

Nate was talking something as Sebastian cried listening to him. Suddenly Nate kneeled down on his one knee and pulled out a ring from his pocket.

Now everything was making sense. They both were together. And Nate asked Aaliyah to help him with this. Here I thought he was trying to snatch her away from me. Jealously won over me. This girl!

Sebastian cried more nodding his head smiling at Nate. Nate smiled even more and slide the ring into Sebastian hand.

"Yes" Aaliyah shouted beside me. I turned to look at her. She was jumping clapping her hands smiling brightly.

"He said yes. I knew he will agree" she said turning to me. She stopped and her smile went down.

"I.... I don't...." she shuttered looking everywhere but me looking scared. I pulled her into me hugging her.

"Since when" I asked. She relaxed in my arms.

"Since we have been friends. They both have been together from college. Seb was afraid to come out so he hid this. Only me and grandma knew. He told to grandma just few months back. Don't be mad at him, please" she said.

"I am not mad rather I am happy for him" I said pulling her away from me.

"You do" she said looking at me.