Chapter 23

Emmett pov

I am really not interested to speak with these men. I came here with Aaliyah and I wanted to spend my time with her. But aunt Grace pulled me away from her to meet the investors. I am not really in the mood of business now.

I would look at Aaliyah and find her looking at me. I know she is bored. I tried to go to her but aunt Grace was pulling me back. I didn't like it. They went to a corner to discuss, even aunt Grace pulled me with her even after I protested. I looked at Aaliyah and found her looking at her drink.

I sighed and went with aunt Grace. They started talking and I zoned out. I am not interested. Soon aunt Grace excused herself. I took that as my advantage and excused myself.

Everytime, my first preference was business but now Aaliyah is my first reference.

I went where Aaliyah was sitting. But I didn't find her there except her clutch. I asked around and asked few people, they said they didn't see her. I started panicking. Where is she?.

I started searching for her. But she wasn't there anywhere.

"Emmett, there you are. I was looking for you. I want you to meet...." I stopped aunt Grace.

"Aunt, I can't find Aaliyah. Have you seen her" I asked still looking around.

"I am sure she is enjoying herself somewhere around here. But first, I want you to meet..." I cut her off again.

"No aunt, she is not here. I found her clutch only and she isn't anywhere. I have to search for her" I said looking at her. She was slightly glaring at me.

"Business comes first Emmett. You can find her afterwards. But now you have to do what I say" she ordered. I shook my head.

"Aaliyah comes first to me now. She might be in danger. We don't know" I said walking away from her inspite of hearing her call my name. My heart is telling me to search for her now. Is it a sign that she is in danger.

I looked again for her but I didn't find her. As time passes, I am getting more scared. I saw Jacob talking to someone. I went towards him.

"Hey Jacob, have you seen Aaliyah" I asked. He looked at me and furrowed his eyes.

"I saw her going upstairs. I thought she was with you" he said. I left him immediately going upstairs. I called her name walking down the empty hallway.

"Aaliyah" I yelled looking inside the rooms. Suddenly I heard a bang on the door. I walked towards it. I heard someone shouting for help. I recognised that voice immediately.

"Aaliyah" I called turning the knob.

"Emmett, is that you" I heard her voice. What is she doing inside?

"Yes it's me. What are you doing inside? Why did you lock the door" I asked turning the knob but it's locked.

"I don't know. Someone pushed me inside. Emmett please open this door. I am so scared, it's dark in here. Please help me out" she pleaded. I tried to open the door but it didn't work so I took out my cellphone and called Jacob. I explained the situation. He said, he is on his way here.

"Liyah, don't be scared. I am here okay" I said. She said okay but her voice was wobbling.

Soon Jacob came and opened the door with his keys. As soon as it opened, Aaliyah launched herself on me and started crying. I caressed her hair hugging her tightly trying to calm her.

"Shh. It's alright" I said. She sniffled calming herself.

"What happened Aaliyah" Jacob asked who was patiently waiting for her to calm down. Aaliyah pulled away from me.