Chapter 9

Emmett's pov

I woke up early because I have to complete my yesterday's pending work. It's six thirty in the morning and ready to go to my office.

As I descended the stairs, I heard voices coming from the kitchen. As I went near, I heard Aaliyah and Nancy talking. I hid beside the wall and listened to them.

"Ahh, this headache is really killing me" Aaliyah said.

"Then you should be resting. I will make breakfast" Nancy said.

"I want to cook. I don't even know if he ate his dinner yesterday night. I don't even remember how I ended up in my room and how I drank so much. I am sure Seb is behind this" she said.

"Atleast take some medicine, it will help" Nancy said.

"Yeah" she said.

"Nancy, can you come to the living room" I called. Soon I heard dropping of utensils. I bit my lip from laughing. I think I scared the girl.

"What is he doing waking up so early" Aaliyah whispered. But I heard it. I went to the living room quickly. I took my phone and messaged my driver to get my car ready.

My usual timing is seven thirty, so it's an hour early.

"You are up early today" Nancy said. I put my phone back in the pocket.

"Yeah I have some work so I am living early" I said.

"But the breakfast is not ready yet" she said looking to her left. I looked at the corner of my eyes and found Aaliyah peeking inside the living room. I looked back at Nancy.

"I am sure my wife will bring it to my office" I said. Nancy looked at me in surprise. Soon she smiled instantly and nod her head repeatedly.

"Yeah. Yeah. I will send breakfast with her. What do you want to eat?" she asked happily. I haven't seen her so happy for two months.

"I would like anything. So I will go now" I said. She nod her head repeatedly still smiling. I walked out of the living room to the main door. I opened the door and looked back at the hallway. Aaliyah had stood frozen in her place looking down but soon a small smile covered her face. She smiled whole heartedly and skipped to the kitchen. I walked out to my car saying him to drive Aaliyah here.

Soon the driver reached my company. I got out and went inside my building. It's early so few people are present here greeted me good morning but I kept my face blank and walked pass them. I reached my office and started working.

My meetings starts usually at nine. I spend most of my day in here. It's like my second home. There is nothing more for me than my work and my company Robinson. This is my grandfather and my father's dream.

Actually my uncle Ben was not interested in business. He was always into art but after my dad died. No one was there to look after the company so he took over and looked after it. As I completed my high school, he got into accident and gave me the position to look after it. Seeing my work he was impressed and gave me the CEO position.

Uncle Ben was only a temporary CEO because authorities had chosen him. My dad wrote a will saying that. I am the only one who is capable to take this place once he died. And also after I turn 25, I get the full company to myself from the authorities. This company documents are still with the authorities but I am the owner of every Robinson company.

My thoughts were cut off by my intercon buzzing. I picked the call.

"Yes" I said.

"Sir there is woman Aaliyah here saying she bought your breakfast. She asked me to send it to you. Should I bring it up to you" the reception purred the last sentence at me. I looked at the clock, it's near to eight.