Chapter 44

Emmett pov

This meeting is taking too long than I thought. I am worried about Aaliyah in home. She is due anytime now. I would have postponed it but this is very important to the company so I have to attend.

I wrapped up everything quickly and went to my car. As I was driving, Nancy called me. I received it.

"Yes Nancy" I said.

"Emm... Emmett" she struggled to talk. I panicked.

"Nancy what happened" I asked speeding my drive.

"Aaliyah is.....is not here" she said breathing heavily.

"What happened Nancy? I am on my way" I said.

"Come here quickly" she said. I hung up and drove fast as my heart was beating rapidly. I called cops and ambulance.

I drove past the gate and saw my security man has been passed out. The cops and ambulance came behind me. I parked the car and went inside. I found Nancy sitting on the couch in living room. Her forehead had blood.

"Nancy what happened? Are you okay?Where is Aaliyah?" I asked her. She got up as she saw me.

"Emmett, I don't know what happened. I was working in the kitchen and suddenly someone hit me in the head from behind. I don't remember anything. After I was conscious, I searched for Aaliyah but she was not here. I am sorry I couldn't look after her" she said crying out. I hugged her trying to calm her down.

Did they take Aaliyah?

Cops came inside and started investigating. Medical team helped Nancy as I sat thinking what had happened? And who did this?

I called Sebastian and he picked up immediately.

"Hello brother, is the baby coming now" he asked excitedly.

"Sebastian" I said.

"What happened Emmett" he asked as he heard my broken voice.

"Someone kidnapped Aaliyah" I said.

"I am coming right there" he said hanging up.

Please God, she is pregnant. Don't let anything happen to her. Please.

I prayed silently in my mind for her safety. My security was not even bad. I had high security, but how could this happen.

Sebastian and Nate came quickly.

"What happened" Sebastian asked. I explained everything. Cops went saying they will help in finding Aaliyah.

My cellphone started ringing. I looked at it and saw a unknown number. Sebastian saw it and said to put it on speaker. I received the call and put it on speaker.

"Hello" I said. I heard a evil laugh on the other end.

"Hello Emmett"

My blood boiled hearing her voice.

"Grace" I said grinding my teeth in anger.

"How are you doing? And I heard your dear wife is pregnant. And she looks healthy and happy" she said.

"What are you saying? Shouldn't you be in prison" I said. She laughed again.

"Emmett dear, I know how to get out. This is not the first time I have went to the prison. And your sweet little pregnant wife is here, with me" she said. I can imagining her smirking. Sebastian was about to talk when Nate stopped him grabbing his hand. Sebastian looked at Nate, as Nate shook his head.