Chapter 6

Aaliyah pov

I quickly wiped my hands with the towel as I heard his footsteps.

"I will be inside" I mouth Nancy and ran inside the kitchen. I sat on the counter and started eating my breakfast.

Nancy is working for Emmett for few years now as this mansion head maid and a cook. She is sweet caring lady at her sixties. For a week El had given her and other maids vacation after our wedding. I met her when I was cooking in the kitchen for Emmett. We immediately clicked up. She would come at morning and helps the maids in cleaning the house. In the evening she leaves after cooking dinner.

Instead of her cooking, I am cooking for Emmett. I like cooking for him. I told her to say she cooks, not me. She disagreed at first but I convinced her. Only she knows about our situation and understands me.

It's been more than a month since that day. One day I waited for him to come home but he didn't. I got worried. That whole night I didn't sleep thinking about him. Next morning Nancy told me that he went to Dubai for a week. I was disappointed that he didn't tell me.

I haven't shown my presence to him since that day. But I will see him everyday making sure he is good.

Nancy came in bringing his empty plate and placed them in the dishwasher.

"He left" she said. I nod my head and drank my milk. I got of the counter and placed my dish in the dishwasher.

"Today I have to hurry up, I have a important client to attend so bye" I said pecking her cheeks. She smiled and said goodbye.

I rushed to my room and got ready leaving my hair down.

I put my red heels and head out the mansion to the bus stop

It was exactly at eight when I reached my boutique. I made every arrangement for the client.

The client want her wedding dress from our small boutique. Seb and I were over the moon when we got this. The client wanted it unique and simple. She is visiting the shop at 8.30 and Seb told me to take over this. So here I am making the arrangements.

"Hello Aaliyah" I heard some behind me. I turned around and found my client. I smiled at her greeted her.

"Good morning madam. I have arranged everything for you" I said. She giggled waving her hand.

"Just call me Kadey. I am excited to see your collection" she said. I led her around the shop showing the collection. Whenever she makes the selection I would pick it up. I put them in her changing room. She selected a dress and started changing with the help of a worker. I told her I would pick some other dresses for her reception and got out.

I was selecting dresses when someone grabbed my arm roughly and turned me around. I hissed in pain and looked up.

Emmett was glaring at me squeezing my arm with his hand.