Chapter 18

Aaliyah pov

What is he doing here?

I heard the door to my room open. I closed my eyes and acted as I am sleeping.

I heard his footsteps come near me. My heart started beating fast. Please calm down.

I don't know what he is doing but I can feel his gaze on me. I felt the bed dip beside me. I had sheets covering me from getting any contact from him. I felt a soft touch on my bandage on head. He caressed his thumb on it and slide his fingers down my face. I felt tingles where he touched me. Then he caresses my hair.

"Get well soon" he said and did something which I clearly didn't expect he would do it and left.

He kissed my cheek.

I opened my eyes and touched my cheek where I felt tingles. My heart is still pounding against my chest.

Stop.

I groaned and pulled the sheets over my head. I heard the main door close. I shot up from the bed and went towards the window. I peeked through the curtains and looked out. I saw Emmett walking to his car. He got inside and closed the door. He stayed there for few minutes before driving off.

I went back to bed and layed down. I wanted to see his face, but I didn't want to. If I see him again, I feel like to hug him tightly and not let him go. He came back after a month. He came after a day of my accident. I was sad.

I had my blood pressure low and so I felt dizzy. And at the same time a bike crashed into me. He didn't expect me to stumble back in the road. That guy rushed me to the hospital immediately. He even came yesterday night when I was discharged and apologized. That was nice of him. I heard Ben and Grace visited me when I was unconscious. Emmett didn't even know I was in the hospital till the next day.

He might have been with his new girlfriend.

Just leave Aaliyah. He doesn't like you, you have to think something else. I got up from the bed and went to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and went out. I showered yesterday night and I am lazy to do now.

I went into the kitchen and found mom making something.

"Good morning mom" I said.

"Aaliyah you should take rest. Go back to your room" she said looking at me.

"I will go but I am hungry. What's for today's breakfast" I asked.

"I am making some soup for you" she said. I scrunched my nose.

"Where is dad" I asked.

"He went to work early today because he took leave yesterday" she said. Then she turned to me.

"Emmett came here just before you woke up" she said.

"Ohh" I said looking down.

"Is everything okay between you two. I mean you should be in his home. Why did you want to come here for few days" she asked. I placed my hand on my heart and faked a pain.

"Am I a burden to you. My mom doesn't want anything to do with me now after I am married. My mom doesn't want me now" I faked a cry. She hit my arm and glared at me playfully. I laughed at her.

"Nothing happened between us. You know couples fight, so I am tini-tiny mad at him. We will be fine, so don't worry. Now feed your daughter" I lied to her because I have to. She nod her head smiling at me.

After having breakfast I went back to my room. There is nothing here. Everything was swifted to Emmett's home. I feel bored. Even mom left to work at afternoon. I came downstairs to living room and turned on the TV. I watched some shows spending my time.