Chapter 16

Emmett pov

"I came here to hear good ideas about improving the company. The one which you are giving is not what I am looking for. I need creative one" I said in a authorised voice looking deadly at my workers. Their faces shows how much scared they are. I won't step down from making my company good.

My cellphone vibrated and I ignored it. It rang three more times and I looked it. It was Sebastian.

I don't have time to chitchat or hear his nonsense talks. Somewhere in my heart said to receive it, but I ignored and switched off my cellphone continuing my meeting. After the meeting, my PA rushed towards me with his cellphone.

"Sir, someone needs to speak to you. It's from......" I cut him off.

"There is no time to talk with someone Mr. Kyle. I want the files which is concerned to our new project" I said walking past him.

"But si... sir, it's about your......" I cut him off again.

"I want the files now" I shouted not turning back to him.

I went to my office and continued my work. Mr. Kyle bought the files and I sent him out shouting at him. I don't want any bullshits to distrub my work. My goal is only to get my next project.

I worked late and went to my penthouse which I have in New York. Soon I slept off and woke up at six. I went back to my office and started working. I switched on my cellphone and was surprised to see my whole family has called me.

20 missed calls from Sebastian, 15 from grandma, 7 from uncle Ben and 5 from aunt Grace.

Why were they calling me so many times? Did something happened to anyone?

"Sir, please listen to me" I looked up at my PA. He looked scared.

"It's about your wife" as soon as he said that my whole body went stiff.

"What about her" I asked looking at him.

"I have been trying to tell you since yesterday. But you were not listening to me. Your family has been calling me nonstop since you turned off your cell. I did try to......" I cut him off.

"What happened to her" I said slowly trying not to burst out on him. He sensed my anger.

"Sir your wife has met with an accident and she is still unconscious" that was enough for me to rush out of the office calling my pilot.

In an hour, I was in my private plane going home.

I tried to call Sebastian but he is not picking up his call, even grandma. Uncle Ben received the call, he just said come home.

Why didn't I receive the call when Sebastian called me yesterday. Or I should have called back after the meeting. Or if I had just listened to my PA, I would have been there my now.

Is she okay now?

I ran my hand in my hair. Somewhere in my mind it says, I have messed up something big.

Once again, I ignored her.

After that day, after realising that I have started to like her. I ran away. My aunt and uncle was disappointed that I took a day off and missed a important meeting losing a deal. And told my parents would be disappointed too. I thought Aaliyah will be my distraction if I stayed there. So I went to New York. I started working hard on my company as I tried to forget her. But I never did. Instead I started to think alot about her. And I didn't liked that, so I stayed in New York.

I changed my cellphone number when I started receiving her calls. I wanted to hear her voice but I don't to. I thought she would tell Sebastian but she didn't. Not even once he asked about anything. I was relieved.