2. dolcetto

"Are you sure your 'intel' is correct?" Erwin glanced over at me and then back out at the harbor.

SERIOUSLY WHY DOES NO ONE TRUST ME

"It better be- I paid a lot of money for it."

"That was a shit decision on your part."

NO ONE ASKED LEVI

"Maybe she ran into trouble with the corps?" Erwin was referring to the local law enforcement which patrolled areas near the coastline looking for- well- pirates.

BUT-

"Listen she isn't like that at all," I rolled my eyes, "you guys just call her a pirate because none of our parents like her."

"That and she's a criminal."

OK BUT-

"It's not like she's pillaging random villages she just-" I paused, picking my words carefully, "breaks a lot of rules."

"She paid 2000 gold in fines just last month."

"OK ?? BUT SHE PAID THEM DIDN'T SHE ??? A PIRATE WOULD JUST AVOID THEM!"

"She wears an eyepatch."

"THAT'S FASHION NOT PIRACY."

STOP BEING MEAN TO HER

EVEN IF SHE WAS A PIRATE-

SHE WOULD BE A GOOD ONE

"Both of you suck- I like her- and you'd be lying if you said that your parents wouldn't kill to have a contract with her. Piracy or not she's talented," I frowned, my eyes still trained on the horizon, searching for a familiar dark ship in the distance.

well- i think i like her-

"You've never actually had a conversation with her," Levi reminded me, laughing dryly.

OK SHUT UP

"No but- I've heard stories! From my father as well as people in town- I've got a pretty good idea of what sort of person she is, and well- I've decided that I like her."

ive also seen her once or twice-

never up close but

she's always grabbed my attention

"Childish," Levi tsked.

"Sure, but you also know that this is my best option."

"Doesn't stop you from being childish- don't get your soul crushed when you realize she isn't who you think she is."

OK WHATEVER STOP RAINING ON MY PARADE

"I've thought this over hundreds of times, don't worry about it."

getting my soul crushed once is a lot better than having to get married-

anyway i know that all of this complaining from both of them is just because they're worried

ty besties

"Should we go down to the docks to wai-" Just then an involuntary squeal left my lips- cutting Erwin off mid-sentence.

OH MY GOD

"I THINK I SEE IT!"

IM SURE THIS TIME

"Another false alarm?" Levi glanced to Erwin.

"No wait-" Erwin leaned forward, peering out towards the horizon.