45. chardonnay

"Do you even know what you're doing right now?" Ymir was dragging me down moonlit city streets, uncaring of the occasional onlooker.

i didn't even confirm where the bill was going-

"I'm taking you home with me," she huffed, pouting slightly.

ARE YOU SURE ?

"This definitely isn't the way we came," I glanced around at unfamiliar storefronts, "we should head back."

"I know the way, trust me," Ymir continued to push confidently forward.

ok...

"Don't get us killed."

"No need to worry about that- no one is stupid enough to mess with me," she hummed.

well-

"Didn't we get jumped by a bunch of people yesterday?"

IT ENDED UP BEING FINE BUT ???? THAT COULD'VE BEEN VERY DANGEROUS???

WHATEVER

I'LL LET HER HAVE FUN .

"That was a one-off- it won't happen again," Ymir looked around at the mostly empty street we were wandering down, "see? Everyone is steering clear."

maybe that's just because it's pretty late at night

but- if it isn't

just what did she do to gain that kind of reputation

"You're pretty terrifying, do you know that?" I asked absentmindedly, picking up my pace to walk beside her.

she's a force to be reckoned with

"Oh," she stopped in her tracks, staring at me, "are you scared?"

"No," I shook my head, staring back at her, "I'm not scared."

i'm comfortable

"Are you really?"

"Yes, I'm not scared of you Ymir," I hummed, her hand felt warm in mine, "you've had every opportunity to do something to me and instead of that you've been nothing but generous."

besides-

i said i liked you didn't i?

i wouldn't have said that or agreed to any of this if i was really that scared of you

"That's nice," she murmured, smiling, "don't be scared of me, I don't want you to think of me like that."

you know- im a little worried for her

"Are you sure? You seemed to really want me to be scared of you when we first met."

i mean you chased me off-

"Forget about that then," she led me over to a small plaza, sitting down on a bench. "I didn't really know you back then."

"Ok, I'll forget about it," I patted her hand.

i really wonder where she's taking us-

"Good."

it's getting later and later and as far as i can tell we haven't gotten any closer to the ship-

"Ymir," I muttered after a short silence, "where is 'home'?"

DO YOU HAVE A SECRET HOUSE HERE OR SOMETHING ??

"Home?" She looked up at me, dazed, "the sea?"

ok uh-

"So when you said that we were going 'home' did you mean the ocean or your ship?"

because i really don't think now is the time for some swimming lessons- you're drunk

"The sea duh-"

HLEP

"That feels like a bad idea."

"We're already most of the way there, don't be ridiculous," she completely ignored my protests.

IM SCARED OF YOU NOW

IM SCARED OF WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO TO YOURSELF-

HELPPPP

"Ymir you can't swim-"

"We won't, come on we've taken a break for long enough," she shot up dragging me along with her.

as you wish

"Are you sure this is ok?" Ymir had pulled me down to a sandy beach, completely empty aside from the two of us.

i don't want you to hurt yourself-

"It's fine- no one is around- there's no way we can get into trouble," she kicked her shoes off, leaving them in the sand.

im a little worried that you're going to pass out on me-

"Follow me," she gestured for me to take off my shoes and join her.

"Do you do this often?" I chuckled, the two of us leaving footprints in the sand as we walked along the edge of the water.

im surprised she has the time to relax like this

"When I get the time," she nodded, drawing lines in the sand. "It's good to blow off some steam every once in a while."

i get that

"I used to drag Levi and Erwin with me down to the docks to do that," I smiled slightly, "we would watch all of the ships coming in and out."

eventually, that stopped being entertaining

"That sounds a little-" Ymir hesitated, "boring?"

"When we got a little bit older I started dragging them with me to explore every inch of the city-" I stared out over the ocean, sparkling in the moonlight. "I've been to every restaurant and at least looked around every single store in the city, when we go back I'd like to give you a better tour."

we got interrupted last time

"Are you asking me out?" Ymir grinned.

"I'm no-" I met her gaze, her expression crumpling as I began to shoot her down. "Fine."

she's too transparent sometimes

"Does that mea-"

"You have five days left to woo me- it isn't going to be as easy as that."

i already like you it's just-

i'm not interested in something fleeting

and im especially uninterested in either of us giving up our goals for each other

"Whatever," she returned to kicking at the sand, "I'll win you over."

that would be nice wouldn't it

"You love being on the sea and I love looking at it," I muttered, my gaze still focused on the waves as they washed up upon the shore.

"You've never really been on it- it's way too early to make assumptions like that."

well-

"I'm pretty confident in my assumptions."

"I have five days to convince you otherwise."

"Yes, you do."

___________________________________

i leave for college in nine days ! what are yall up to?

- ami