12. cinsaut

"You're here early," Hitch muttered as I made my way aboard.

"Ymir never told me when I should show up- so I figured it was better if I came early." I explained, looking awkwardly around the deck, "if she's busy in there I can help you with whatever you need."

i don't want to intrude if she's holding a meeting

UH BUT ALSO

MY MUSCLES ARE NEXT TO NON-EXISTENT

"Thanks for the offer but no thanks- the rest of the crew is getting breakfast," she paused, giving me a once over, "you can see if she wants you, I'm headed out." With that Hitch left, waving once over her shoulder as she passed me.

OK THAT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING

"Ymir? Can I come in?" I knocked on the door, listening for her reply.

she isn't getting breakfast with the rest of the crew?

"Ym-"

"Who is it-" the door swung open revealing a slightly ticked-off captain, her shirt was rumpled, sitting awkwardly on her body- revealing a map of red and blue hickies across her neck. "Oh- Y/N."

good for her-

"Sorry, is now a bad time? You never told me when I should come," I averted my eyes from her neck, meeting her gaze.

"No it's," she glanced back into her office and the room beyond, "come in, I'd rather you stare at me away from prying eyes."

LISTEN I'M NOT JUDGING YOU

"If you're busy I can really just go and do something else-"

"I was getting up anyway, make yourself comfortable- they're old," she said referring to the hickies in various stages of fading.

"Right- you didn't have to say that- I work for you it's not like you have to explain yourself."

"'Course not," Ymir flopped down into her chair, "just thought someone like you would be on edge if I didn't."

WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN

"We aren't dating or anything- and I don't have any problem with you having relationships."

it wouldn't even be fair of me .

IF YOU'RE HAVING FUN

WHO AM I TO JUDGE

"Right, but you had questions, I could tell."

.

you wouldn't be wrong

but nothing i was going to say

"I mean, sure, but who wouldn't."

"I guess so," Ymir looked down at her hands, before glancing back at me. "Well? Are you going to start working or do you want to talk about this more?"

IDK

YOU'RE CONFUSING ME

IT HONESTLY SEEMS LIKE YOU WANTED TO TALK ABOUT IT WITH THE AMOUNT YOU'RE REVEALING

"I'll start working," I sat down, glancing at her as I began flipping through papers to get to where I left off.

seriously is she drunk or something she's acting weird

"You look like you want something."

.

"Are you upset that the crew left you to go get breakfast?"

ARE YOU JUST HANGRY AND LONELY ??

"Absolutely not."

"Ok- you're just acting weird," I frowned, trying my best to focus on what I had been doing.

right ok- i left off on supplies purchase-

"I don't think you know how I act normally," she hummed, beginning to walk around the cabin.

true </3

"Well now you're just being antagonistic- even if you're correct."

i want to know <3

we could be besties

or more ???

dream big y/n

ty i try <33

"Are you-" I paused, noting how quickly Ymir's expression had changed as soon as I started talking to her again.

WHY DID SHE LOOK UP LIKE A DOG OR SOMETHING

IS SHE JUST BORED

IS THAT WHY THIS IS HAPPENING

"Do you want to talk about anything? You look bored-"

ALSO LIKE ??

YOU CAN JUST LEAVE

YOU LEFT ME HERE LAST TIME I DON'T HAVE ANY ISSUE WITH YOU GOING OFF TO DO SOMETHING

DON'T JUST SIT HERE STARING

IT'S FREAKING ME OUT

"You can leave me alone if you want to do something- I don't know where everyone went to eat but Connie has probably seen them," I offered, trying for the nth time to get started on my work.

DON'T LET ME KEEP YOU

"It sounds like you want to get rid of me," she pouted, clearly teasing.

no- not really but if you're going to sit here and stare at me i won't be able to get anything done

"Well, I am supposed to be working, unless you want me to do something else?"

"Are you asking me?"

YEAH ???

THIS IS PAINFUL

PLEASE COME TO A DECISION

"You look bored Ymir-" I paused.

AND YOU'RE KINDA FREAKING ME OUT IT'S DISTRACTING

"Do you want to get something to eat?" I continued, glancing at a clock for the time.

we can make it for brunch

"I can't turn down a lady," she hummed, standing up from her seat.

OK .. COULD'VE JUST SAID THAT EARLIER

"You're seriously confusing- if you wanted to go do something you could've just said so," I muttered to myself, reorganizing all the work I hadn't gotten to.

if you want something you just have to ask- i don't bite

"Alright Y/N- lead the way," Ymir held the door for me.

"You're weird- do you know that?" I frowned, stepping out onto the deck.

"That's no way to speak to someone who's helping you."

"You're still wearing last night's clothes, I don't think you have any room to talk."

"Touche."

__________________

all of the chapter titles r varieties of grapes used for wine (right now anyway it will probably change to other things when i run out of wine) and like . some of these sound so fake i can't even use them for titles

also i feel like this chapter is a bit funky . apologies if it feels awkward (even tho thts half of the point)

- ami