8. mourvèdre

"Huh?" Ymir responded dumbfounded, "you?"

IS IT THAT HARD TO BELIEVE

"I was tutored-" I paused searching for the right words, "I'm not going to be the successor but I still took classes- I wasn't bad at it either- I can help you."

I PROMISE- UNDERNEATH IT ALL I HAVE A BRAIN

"And why should I trust you? Who's to say you won't go behind my back and leak information to your father-" she hummed looking down at me.

bc ??? he's annoying ??

"For the last time- I wouldn't do that."

"See- I don't know that yet do I?"

i mean if u want my entire life story i can give it <3

"If you would hear me out I could change that for you."

i've been trying to get you to listen to me-

"What did I say?" She chided teasingly.

"A week-"

"Relax, if you're that desperate to do paperwork you can join me." She shot me a questioning look, "your enthusiasm is disturbing."

OK SO ???

WILL YOU HEAR ME OUT ??

WHILE WE'RE AT IT ??

"I promise I'm not reporting our conversations to someone," I rolled my eyes, "especially not my father."

"Wait a week before unloading your family drama," she barked out a short laugh, gesturing for me to follow her into a room.

...

ymir i rlly thought u were going to save me from my awful arranged marriage

maybe im better off eloping with the first person to express interest in me <3

"Right- you find something to sit on, I'll be back," Ymir stepped through a side door, leaving me alone. I glanced around the room, a large desk sat to one side, the walls were covered with bookshelves and expensive paintings.

at the very least she has taste

I continued to look around, a single chair sat behind the desk- various pieces of clothing tossed over it.

she must not do paperwork very often

COME ON Y/N

WOO HER WITH YOUR ABILITY <33

"Did you find a seat?" She reentered the room, combing a hand through her hair.

nope !

too busy being nosy

<3

"Oh- yeah," I glanced around, dragging a heavy armchair in front of the desk.

"Right, get to work then," she dropped a stack of paperwork in front of me, taking a seat across from me.

momentarily forgot tht im here to get work done and not drool over the decorations

heartbreaking

</3

"What's through there?" I asked, gesturing towards the door she had come from, making idle chatter while I began to leaf through the papers.

BRO ??? HER HANDWRITING IS AWFUL .

"My bedroom," she winked at me, thumbing through a book. "Sorry but we don't know each other well enough."

you rlly like saying that </3

"I told you I wouldn't snitch on you," I frowned, squinting at her barely legible tax records.

"Sure thing," she paused, glancing at the closed door. "Who's to say you won't try to kill me?"

....

I HAVE STICK ARMS

I RUN OUT OF BREATH CLIMBING LIKE . TWO STEPS

"Either you're much weaker than I thought or you think way better of me than you should be," I muttered dryly, beginning to adjust her ledgers.

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH ..

THE ONLY REASON WHY I'M COMING TO YOU FOR HELP IS BECAUSE

I LITERALLY CANNOT RUN AWAY FROM HOME .

"Oh- you wouldn't give me a scratch- I just don't want to see a pretty lady standing over me with a knife."

uhm

speak for yourself

im super down ... u wanna go now ???

"I mean," I murmured under my breath, glancing up at her.

whichever way u wanna do it im not opposed-

"Maybe after a week," she laughed, meeting my eyes.

im good now but if u wanna wait that's cool <3

"Why wait? We're here now," I hummed, rolling my eyes.

"Finish my taxes and maybe I'll consider."

BET

"Alright, I'll bite," Ymir spoke up, her tone shifting to be more serious. "I can't pass up an opportunity to talk shit about a rival. What did your father do that has a lady like you so upset?"

IM GLAD YOU ASKED .

"Where should I start?" I groaned.

"Preferably at the interesting part, I don't want to hear about your childhood."

ok then <3

"I'm going to be engaged-"

"Congratulations, to who?"

NO THAT'S THE PROBLEM

"It isn't a good thing," I frowned, "Reiner Braun- the heir to the Braun family, he's nice- and I guess he's attractive."

i assume idk- i'm not into it .

"You sound disappointed but he seems fine," Ymir hummed, leaning forward over her desk.

uGH

"I guess so- his family is nice enough but I just-"

"Oh- perhaps you're involved with one of the friends you were walking with earlier?"

ABSOLUTELY NOT

THE SOONER YOU REALIZE THAT I HATE THEM THE BETTER

GROSS

"Absolutely not- I'm not interested in men whatsoever," I grumbled.

"You and me both, I apologize for assuming otherwise-"

"It's fine-" I waved her off, picking at the edge of the desk. "That's why I'm upset with my father- I have every right to be anyway- I understand that I have obligations to my family but that shouldn't be giving up my own will."

that's my family drama <3

"Your dad's an ass," Ymir hummed, letting out a low whistle.

you're telling me

"That's what I've been saying," I grumbled.

"Well- that killed the mood," Ymir sighed, leaning back in her chair.

"If you want to help me you can," I paused. "Forget I ever mentioned it- I'll just have to wait a week right?"

"You make me sound like an awful person," Ymir glanced up at me. "I'll give you five minutes- think of it as repayment for the paperwork- why should I help you?"

___________________

SORRY THIS IS A BIT LATE- I WAS EATING

- omnomnomi