15. avanà

"Do you abuse your crew-" I blurted out as soon as the door swung closed behind Armin.

BC .

"What gave you that idea?" Ymir froze, her hand hovering over the door.

oh nothing just armin immediately assuming that the only reason i would help you would be bc of blackmail

"Nothing, just that certain members of your crew seem to believe that you're doing something awful to me to get my help." I paused, "it feels a bit unlikely that they would assume something like that if you're totally innocent."

"And? What would you do?"

well armin is my friend

and you're hot but

no one is hot enough to redeem abuse

"I would leave and find someone else to take care of me," I frowned, "I really don't think you do but if there is anything-"

"I don't, stop fussing," she sighed, "I'll have to come up with some excuse for why you're helping me, it's because we were being shifty earlier."

OK ...

"Thank you for that, I didn't get a chance to say anything but I'm happy you didn't tell them."

maybe when we're more familiar but i don't want to sound pitiful in front of strangers

"No need- we haven't even discussed if you'll have this position permanently," she shrugged.

right-

"And I'm sorry about using your office to talk to Armin earlier-"

"I was just pitching a fit, you're part of the crew for the week at least, make yourself comfortable."

ok-

"I've finished most of it," I attempted to start up conversation, "the paperwork."

there's only a stack or so left that shouldn't be hard at all

"The things in that pile are all related to contracts that need finalizing," I pointed to a stack on her desk, "and I'm almost done adding to your ledger," I gestured to a heavy book on her desk.

"At this rate, you'll be done with all of it by tomorrow," Ymir hummed, idly flipping through what I had completed.

"I went ahead and implemented a new sorting system for all the different kinds of transactions you use," I leaned over the desk, pointing out what things had changed. "I can teach you how to use it-"

or you can just keep me around

"You're awfully forward," my eyes flicked up to Ymir's face, in my eagerness to explain everything I had done the two of us had gotten closer. "You've certainly proven that your talents would be better spent wasting away at a desk rather than wasting away in marriage."

i mean i would prefer to avoid wasting away altogether but yeah <3 out of those two options, i guess this is preferable

"You don't have to wait a week if you like me," I hummed, pulling back a little bit.

"You're making it hard for me to say no."

"Then don't."

"Someone like you deserves a chance to prove herself," Ymir muttered to herself, "don't make me regret this choice."

"That isn't an issue."

"Eren stop pushing-" Jean's muffled voice grumbled through the door.

what-

"You brats-" Ymir chuckled under her breath.

"YOU'RE GOING TO EXPOSE US!" Eren whisper-yelled infinitely louder than Jean's original comment.

i mean .

"How long do you think they've been listening?" I muttered glancing between the door and Ymir.

just so i know if i should be explaining why i thought their captain abused them .

"I'm guessing they only caught the tail end of it," she walked closer to the door, "we would've heard them if it had been earlier."

on one hand, it's sweet that you know your crew that well

on the other

i feel like you're supposed to think higher of them

"You idio-" Jean shouted, clearly forgetting that they were supposed to be quiet.

hey guys <3

"Both of you are idiots," Ymir opened the door, causing the two men to comically stumble into the room.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT SHE HEARD US!" The two of them shouted in unison, whirling to face each other.

honestly they should give up piracy and become vloggers or something

vloggers ??

lol what

"How much did you hear?" Ymir's voice cut through the argument.

oh right- the important questions

"Nothing because this asshole was breathing in my ear the whole time," Jean grumbled, jabbing an elbow into Eren's side.

thank you for your service eren

"You liar-" Eren glared in his direction, "you were the one breathing in my ear."

sounds like we're safe

"You could've gotten away with it," Ymir sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"YEAH IF THIS ASSHOLE HADN'T INSISTED ON LISTENING WITH ME," Jean shouted.

they look seconds away from punching each other ..

YMIR HOW HAVE THEY SURVIVED UNTIL NOW

???

"I think if my father knew that your crew was like this he would leave you alone," I laughed quietly to myself.

he would get overwhelmed-

"Good, I don't want him," Ymir scoffed, turning to address Jean and Eren, "that being said the two of you need to quit it."

"It's not like we heard anything," Eren shrugged nonchalantly.

"And? If you had?" Ymir shot a quick look at me, "there's a chance you could've heard something you wouldn't be able to forget." She winked at the two of them.

....

I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO STOP WITH DATING RUMORS

LIKE I THOUGHT YOU DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO ENTERTAIN IT- I OFFERED AND YOU TURNED ME DOWN .

"No way-" Eren glanced between the two of us at a loss for words.

"You don't have to settle for the captain-" Jean frowned at me.

HUH ?? I THOUGHT YOU WERE HER FANBOY

"You-" Ymir's grip on the desk tightened, "Y/N- it's getting late I'll have Mikasa take you back, I have to have a chat with these two."

good luck

______________

HAPPY NEW YEAR! i have officially finished all of my college applications <3 good luck to everyone that is still working on them- i believe in you

- ami