62. aglianicone

"You think so?" Ymir and I were busy wandering the streets for one last time as the crew prepared to sail home.

"Yeah I do- I'll speak to Levi and Erwin when we get back, between the three of us I'm confident that we can find several skilled jewlers for you to sign exclusive contracts with."

ymir would be offering high quality materials and a good rate

if we can create scarcity of any kind it would drive up the price of our goods

she would already be limiting the resources of our potential competitors

"To be honest," I continued, "I don't really think my father expected me to come to him with anything but a business plan, which he probably wouldn't have accepted as enough."

"He'll be surprised then."

"I hope he is- I mean best case scenario we completely prove him wrong."

he was right- i did need help

it just didn't come in the form of a marriage

thank god for that

"I think we will," Ymir laced her fingers with mine, squeezing my hand. "Is there anything else we should do?"

well- there is one thing

"My ex-fiance-"

"Absolutely not."

"We should probably go and thank him- he did kinda let us off the hook," I glanced over at her.

"I don't want to."

"Why not? It's not like I ever had feelings for him-"

or ever will for that matter

"Yeah but-"

"I assure you he never really felt anything for me either, neither of us really went out of the way to see each other outside of mandatory meetings."

and when we did meet we barely talked

i imagine if we did ever get married the two of us would end up living in separate houses eventually

i have a very hard time believing he ever had any feelings for me

"But," her lip jutted out into a pout.

"Nothing bad will come out of it, I like you not him, that isn't going to change."

"I have a hard time figuring out why he wouldn't like you," she grumbled.

"I know I'm charming but-"

"Exactly, what if he's secretly been in love with you this whole time."

"It doesn't matter, does it?" I paused, "I don't like him so nothing will change."

there is not an ounce of attraction for men in my body

"Alright, I'm ok with going, I'd just prefer it if we picked the location."

that's probably a good idea anyway