37. ruby cabernet

"Get back as quickly as possible," Ymir sent Bertoldt off. "And tell your asshole boss not to mess with us in the future."

alright ....

"You don't need to worry about that," Bertoldt frowned at her. "The only reason why I'm here was because we thought that you were kidnapping her."

don't worry about me ymir

"Ymir we should get back," I walked up to her, grabbing her arm. "Both of us just ran off, don't you think your crew will be worried?"

we've been gone for a couple hours

"Since when did you care about that?"

well you look like you're about to threaten bertoldt-

"Since now."

i really don't want a fight to start- it would only make this more complicated than it already is

"Alright, let's go," Ymir's hand slipped comfortably into mine. "I'm going to take the long way back."

ok

"I don't know my way around this town, I wouldn't know if you didn't tell me," I hummed in response.

we haven't gotten a chance to look around properly

"I'll have to give you a tour," she murmured, excitedly looking around.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO OVERBOARD

IM FINE WITH JUST LOOKING AROUND

NO NEED TO TURN THIS INTO ANYTHING

"Another day, we've done a lot today."

i could do with a couple seconds to myself to unpack everything

"It's a date then?" She looked over at me, expectant.

it's-

"I'd like that," I beamed back at her.

ill look forward to it

"We're going to have to throw a party tonight," Ymir glanced around us. "Maybe I should buy everyone something nice."

i mean they deserve it

i honestly feel a little bad for you crew

i feel like armin especially is incredibly overworked

"Sure but why?"

why is today special?

"Huh?" Ymir looked at me confused, "I'm in a good mood because of you, I feel like spending."

if you want to but-

"You're so happy," I murmured studying her expression for a minute. "What are you going to do if my opinion hasn't changed in a week?"

sorry if that ruins your mood

"Well that just isn't going to happen," she stated matter of factly. "I'm confident in my own abilities."

alright- try your hardest

"I'm looking forward to seeing how you attempt to woo me."

that's the truth- i really am

"Well, maybe we could start with a gift," Ymir tugged on my arm, pulling me into a nearby store. "I'll pick something up for the crew while we're here."

i can't exactly find my way back to the ship alone

i'm along for the ride

but this seems fun regardless

"What kind of things do they like?" I asked glancing around the store we had stepped into.

this place is kinda-

"Hitch has been complaining about the way lower deck smells for the past year and a half- I'll buy something for that," Ymir walked down the long aisles filled with a seemingly random assortment of goods. "Armin could use a new pen, Mikasa needs a new sword, Historia is satisfied with most anything."

those all sound pretty practical

"What about Jean and Eren?"

you skipped them

they seem like the kind of people to be bothered by that

i can see it leading to a fight or two

"Those two," Ymir trailed off, chuckling, "they need restraining orders, I can't do shit about that."

they fight so much i swear they enjoy it

"Hey, Ymir."

"Mhmm?" She responded, not looking up from her search.

cute

"These things all sound great but- they're not really presents- they're things that all of them need to have in order to do their jobs."

not saying you shouldn't get it but-

"Really?" She looked up, shocked.

yes really

"You should still get them those things but maybe-" I paused looking around, "maybe you should treat them to something they wouldn't have normally."

like- new clothes, or a nice meal

"What do you suggest?"

"When was the last time you went out to eat together? And I don't mean going out to get drunk at dirty bars."

i mean planning a meal

"We're not welcome in restaurants Y/N," Ymir appeared to visibly deflate. "This will have to do."

well-

"Ymir, I told you that I would be useful to you right?"

"You're incredibly useful, you don't need to prove yourself anymore I don't ca-"

"Maybe you'd be turned away if you made a reservation but I won't be," I beamed at her. "Let me use my social status a little."

let's undermine the influence my father has while we're at it

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, hurry up and finish getting all of this stuff so that the two of us can go make that reservation," I nodded to the armload of things she had picked up during our brief visit."

"You're really sure?" Ymir repeated, flabbergasted.

100%

why ask?

i want to do something for you

"I'm confident, hurry up."

"You're going to regret this," she laughed, coming out of her stunned stupor. "I underestimated how crazy our Y/N is."

"That's right, I'm crazy for wanting to do this for you, hurry up."

seriously what's the worst that could happen

"Alright alright, I go do this quickly before you start to regret it," Ymir quickly excused herself, a wide smile stretched over her features.

i'm glad that she's happy

_________________________

y/n the worst that could happen is pretty bad

-ami