68. airén

"This one is a bit small isn't it?" Ymir and I had gotten straight to work the day after reuniting with my brother and friends.

house hunting is exhausting

"We'll need storage, a workshop area, and a storefront," I sighed, looking wearily around the 5th space we had visited that day.

its too small

"Don't forget that you need a place to stay," Ymir reminded, lacing her hands through mine. "Let's move onto the next one."

we could cut back on a couple things

"Maybe it would make more sense to cut back on the storefront aspect of it?" I wondered aloud.

i mean- there's no REAL need

"Oh?"

"The draw of our business is the materials we're using as they're foreign," I explained, "perhaps it would make more sense to have a commission based model similar to what you're doing now?"

we could have a few ready made products but-

"That could work," she nodded, "most of my current clients are familiar with that."

right- we wouldn't lose anyone in the process

"Not to mention it would foster a sense of exclusivity-" I grinned, "if we want wealthy customers that's the route to go."

"My lady saves us once again," Ymir chuckled. "But where will you be staying?"

"Upstairs?"

"Wouldn't that be suffocating?"

"You live on a boat- I don't think you're one to talk about living in small spaces."

i'll be fine

i'm only one person anyway

i've never needed much space

"That's different," she grumbled, "I have the entire ocean, you'd be limited to a floor."

"I have the entire town," I reassured her, "don't worry, if I really hate it I'll run back to my father."

"Don't joke about that," she rolled her eyes.

"I'll mooch off Levi and Erwin before I go back there don't worry," I paused, "although, it was nice to get rescued by a beautiful woman."

"I'll rescue you a thousand times over," she grinned, "but let's try to avoid that situation."

"One day I should rescue you," I chuckled, "I think I would look gorgeous breaking you out of a second floor window."

"I'll break myself out, don't get hurt doing something stupid for me."

"The same can be said about you."

"But I love doing stupid things for you," Ymir grumbled.

"Buying a house has to be one of the stupider things you've done."

"I'm not sure about that," she frowned, "it turned out to be a good thing but rescuing a random woman I had had two conversations with was probably a dumb idea."

"I'm an investment."

a good one

"You're my girlfriend, I'm not thinking about your monetary value."

"Do you do that for people normally???"

"Well- no."

"The line loses a little meaning."

"You're supposed to accept my proclamations of love at face value- don't overthink them," Ymir sighed. "Think about them for as long as they make you smile, and then forget about it."

"I'll be thinking about it forever in that case."

"I'll be happy if you think about me for the rest of your life."

"Sure you won't get bored of me?"

"Are you sure that you won't get bored of thinking about me all of the time?"

"Never."

"Exactly."

"That's a cute one-" Ymir pointed at an empty storefront, sandwiched in between a tailor and a hattery.

"Should we go poke around? Maybe there's someone in there who can give us a tour?"

looks like its for sale

"Why not, we were running out of places to look anyway," she shrugged, leading the way.

it's a good location

"Looks like there's space upstairs," I murmured, getting a better look at the small building as we got a bit closer.

"I'm still a little against sticking you in a tiny room."

"I'm telling you I'll be fine," I grumbled for the nth time.

"I'll buy us a big house one day."

"Certainly, I'll look forward to the day you retire and decide to live on land with the rest of us."

"Oh-" she frowned, "I guess one day that will happen."

ah

"Exactly like you to have never considered something like that."

"Let's buy a houseboat and retire there," she grinned, "we can stay as long as we want wherever we want."

"Are you inviting me to explore with you?"

"Of course, who else would I extend that invitation to."

well i imagine your crew will be a bit disappointed

"Well- I can think of a couple people who will be disappointed to hear that."

jean is at the top of that list

he idolizes her

i can understand why

"I wonder what my crew will do when I retire," she muttered aloud.

"Are you really thinking that far ahead?"

"I'm learning from you-" she teased, poking me in the ribs, "you're the one who's constantly thinking about a million things, I can see it on your face."

"That's embarrassing-"

"Cute," she corrected, "it's cute."

"You're the cute one in this relationship, not me," I shook my head in dissension.

i've been calling you cute since like the tenth chapter

"That seems like a reach, I mean-" she leaned over, studying my features, "you're much smaller and much much more adorable than I could ever try to be."

"Oh but you're far cuter than I am- you don't even notice it but sometimes you'll do things that can only be described as cute."

"Are you two interested in the building?" An older voice interrupted our conversation.

i guess we HAVE just been bickering in front of the storefront for awhile

"Yes!"

___________________

sorry for the late update! i just got back to the dorm ): i had a great break <3 hope yall are doing well

- ami