5. grenache

"Where to first?" Ymir had her arm wrapped around my shoulder, guiding me out of the crowded tavern along with the rest of her crew.

"Listen I wasn't lying about sneaking out- I can't get caught so please don't do anything too crazy," I muttered, suddenly getting cold feet.

DON'T BREAK ANY LAWS WHILE I'M HERE

I REALLY DON'T THINK YOU'RE A VILLAIN BUT-

IF LEVI OR ERWIN HEAR ABOUT THIS IT'S ALL OVER FOR ME

"Oh? What happened to your confidence from earlier?" She glanced over to her crew, "it seems that the Lady is chickening out."

"That's not it-" I protested weakly.

"What was that?"

"I'm coming- just- just don't get into too much trouble." A chorus of cheers followed my words as we spilled out onto the streets.

"So where does a Lady like you spend most of her time?" Ymir asked, the word 'Lady' felt miles different from the condescending way she had used it earlier in the day, this time it felt right.

"Honestly?"

"I don't like liars."

"In my room- watching ships come in and out of the harbor," I muttered, it was definitely the alcohol that let that embarrassing fact slip from my lips.

it's not a lie- that's most of what i've been doing lately

"That explains how you ambushed me as soon as we arrived."

"Well- I was waiting," I frowned, I definitely wasn't in my right mind.

PLEASE STOP TALKING Y/N

"That's funny," Ymir laughed dryly, "you'd be the first."

well- levi and erwin were also technically waiting for you so-

"That's definitely not true."

"Sure thing," Ymir's gaze was fixed on some point off in the distance.

i feel like i shouldn't interrupt bc she's clearly going through something rn

i also just..

don't know her enough to say anything

"Ymir?" The pretty blonde woman from later called out to the two of us, shooting her captain a concerned look.

"Hey Historia," she seemed to perk up immediately, the arm that had been securely wrapped around my shoulders fell back down to her side. "Something wrong?"

"No I was just-" Historia looked between the two of us with a small smile, "you looked a bit worried but it seems like I was overthinking things."

WHAT IS GOING ON

ALSO YEAH UHHHH HISTORIA UR BESTIE WAS DEFINITELY GOING THROUGH IT

DO YOU HAVE LIKE ?? ON BOARD THERAPY ??

"No way- I owe this one a rebellious night out," Ymir pointed to me, what I assumed was her usual cocky attitude returning.

im all for it but-

listen if u need 2 like ...

go see someone or something- you don't have to drag me around

"Right," Historia turned to me, "I'm Historia by the way- what's your name?"

SHES SO CUTE

"Oh- I'm Y/N- I guess-"

YOU GUESS ???

THAT'S YOUR NAME ???

IDK SHES PRETTY I PANICKED

...

LISTEN I TALK TO TWO PEOPLE LIKE EVER AND THEY'RE BOTH MEN .

"The Zacharius girl," Ymir explained, shooting me a weird look, "Historia is my first mate." She grabbed Historia draping her arm over the blonde's shoulders.

are they dating ?

bc good for them

let's go lesbians

"Actually- about my father-"

"Ah- don't do that," Ymir leaned over, placing her finger on my lips to shush me, "it's your rebellious night out, stop trying to forge deals for your father. I told you I'd hear you out in a week."

NO BUT

"And I told you it's not like that," I grumbled, swatting her hand away from my face.

"Sure thing Miss Zacharius."

"It's not like you're actually going to hear me out in a week anyway," I sighed- that sense of melancholy returning to me.

"You've got one night to change my mind!" She laughed loudly- shouting something to the rest of her crew as we reached the docks.

'Good luck' Historia mouthed to me before untangling herself from Ymir, running off to join the rest of the group as they clambered aboard the Dancing Titan.

"Have you ever been on a boat before?" Ymir asked genuinely.

.......

I LIVE RIGHT NEXT TO THE OCEAN

MY FATHER OWNS A MERCHANT FLEET

"Nope! How do I get on?" I glanced around looking for a ramp of some sort to climb onto the vessel.

one thing tht you will learn very quickly about me is that i am very sheltered and kinda an idiot

is this for plot reasons?

yes definitely but wtf is a plot ??

"Right, of course not. I don't know why I expected someone like you to ever go outside," she muttered the last part quietly to herself.

"Hey, I thought this was my rebellious night out- be a little nicer," I protested.

"I'm being nice enough," she rolled her eyes, "here I'll help you up."

omg im soooo sorry for thinking tht u were anything less than a saint

"Thank you," I murmured as she boarded the ship with ease.

"Climb those crates over there, I'll help you," Ymir gestured to a stack of crates lying on the edge of the dock. "Careful, we don't want you getting hurt."

you underestimate my clumsiness

"Ok- now what?" I peered over the edge of the crates, there was a large gap between the boat and the dock, dark water that seemed to go down for forever filled the space.

"Don't chicken out now," Ymir hummed, standing across from me, "I've got you-"

ARE YOU SURE ??

"Promise that my rebellious night out won't turn into my last night out?"

"Promise, now hurry up-" she extended a hand, gesturing for me to step across.

I reached out for her hand, it was rough and calloused but felt safe, tightening around mine before gently pulling me forward as I stepped across that small strip of dark bottomless water.

"Wasn't so bad was it?"

"No it wasn't that bad at all," I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Let's not waste any more time shall we?" Ymir let go of my hand, walking further aboard her ship, "someone get this girl something good to drink."

she looks so in her element here

it's breathtaking 

_________________________

publishing a bit early! im having a lot of fun w/ this book so i hope u r 2

ilusm

- ami