19. riesling

"What are you doing here?" I whispered at her, pushing both of us away from the door.

"I'm here to rescue the princess-" Ymir began to walk around my room, tossing random items into the bag at her hip. "Pick clothes for a couple of days-" she frowned, giving me a once over, "actually one dress will be enough, you don't have anything practical."

OK ??? WHERE ARE WE GOING??

"Where are you taking me? Historia is in the other room striking a deal with my father-"

"She'll waste his time for around 30 minutes before he loses his temper at how uncooperative she's being," Ymir picked a book off of my floor, thumbing through it. "Then, fuming, he'll rush into your room only to realize that you've been stolen away by a group of good for nothing pirates."

right- the ymir i know wouldn't give into my father under any circumstances

"You'll play the damsel in distress and I'll be the villain," she handed me the bag, "of course I'd think of myself more like the knight in shining armor, but we can't all pick our roles."

"Maybe not to my father- but you're saving me aren't you?"

it's all a matter of perspective

"Well, we shouldn't waste any more time, Historia is charming but at some point he's going to realize that we never intended to make a deal." She walked towards the window, pushing it open.

how did-

"How did you even get in here to begin with?" I peered over the ledge, no visible rope or ladder was propped up against the building.

"I climbed of course."

???

SECOND QUESTION

HOW AM I GETTING DOWN

"I'm going to break a leg if I jump down from here," I gripped the windowsill, my stomach turning at the thought.

"Relax, you won't be jumping," Ymir leaned out of the window, whistling once, a shrill tone that filled the night air.

HUH ??

Jean, Hitch, and Annie stepped out of an alleyway holding what looked like a large fishing net.

annie doesn't even work for them-

"I'm getting paid," she grumbled as if she had been able to read my thoughts.

"You're going to jump."

I DO NOT TRUST THAT

I FEEL LIKE JEAN MIGHT JUST LET GO FOR FUN

AND THEN ILL HIT THE GROUND

"I'm no-" I felt a light shove on my back, my words cut off as I began plummeting towards the ground.

"Don't scream," Ymir called after me. I hit the net, bouncing slightly before it was lowered to the ground.

"You alright?" Hitch asked, helping me to my feet while Jean and Annie folded up the net.

"I'm fine-" I glanced back at Ymir who had disappeared back into my room.

how is she getting down?

"Don't worry about her," Hitch laughed, following my gaze. I watched as Ymir tossed a long rope out of the window, giving it a few good tugs.

UHM ??

I FEEL LIKE YOU COULD'VE DONE THAT TO BEGIN WITH

INSTEAD OF SHOVING ME OUT OF A BUILDING

"Why couldn't you have started with that-" I grumbled, dusting off my skirt.

I FEEL LIKE IT WOULD'VE BEEN A LOT EASIER

"You lack the upper body strength," Jean made a flexing motion- "if you lost your grip you would just fall."

I MEAN THE NET COULD BE A SECOND MEASURE

but you do have a point .

a little warning would've been nice

"Alright," Ymir ran over to us, "let's get out of here, he's about to lose it at Historia."

im going to have to kiss historia's feet when she gets back

she's our strongest soldier

<3

"I'm headed back to work," Annie waved once over her shoulder, leaving the group.

DID THEY KIDNAP HER FROM HER JOB ??

ARMIN EXISTS

THEY DIDN'T NEED HER-

"Hold up I'm coming with," Hitch glanced once at Ymir for permission before jogging to catch up with Annie.

"Jean?" Ymir shot a questioning look to the last remaining member of our small (quickly shrinking) group.

"Someone has to drag the net back," he shrugged, repositioning it over his shoulder. "What? Do you want me gone?"

"No- you're fine," she hummed, shooting a look over her shoulder at the house as we departed, weaving in between houses and empty streets. "Hang back, would you? I'm a bit worried about Historia."

is there something going on between them ?

"Sure thing," Jean rolled his eyes, turning back to wait for the rest of the group to make it safely out.

"Thank you," I murmured, watching Ymir's expression out of the corner of my eye. "You didn't have to do all of that."

"What kind of awful person do you think I am?" She laughed, throwing her head back, eyes glinting in the lamplight. "Those friends of yours went on and on about how this was the end of the world as we know it, and I'm a fan of spiriting away pretty ladies."

gross......

"You know," I jabbed her side lightly with my elbow, "you can just accept the compliment."

"It isn't fun that way."

"If you say so," I hummed. "Well I mean it, thank you for getting me out of the mess that you made."

"In my defense, I didn't think it would get like that!"

"Of course, it got like that- it's my father we're talking about," I grumbled, sighing loudly.

i'll have to think of a way out of this

maybe he'll just come around and start being nice

highly unlikely y/n but dreaming is good!

"You could always leave."

_____________________

it snowed nearly two feet where i live it's super pretty but yesterday was honestly kinda scary. hope that you're all staying safe!

- awemi