66. müller-thurgau

"Back here," Ymir hissed, pulling me back behind the door before Erwin or Levi could even begin to explain who the surprise guest was.

WAIT HOLD ON-

"It's been awhile," a familiar, welcome, voice could be heard as the 'mystery guest' entered the room.

i know who that is

"Y-" I opened my mouth, only to be silenced by Ymir's hand covering my lips.

"Shh- it could be a trap."

YMIR

IT ISN'T

I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT

"No need to freak the fuck out, he isn't going to do anything," Levi sighed loudly, rolling his eyes.

WELL NO NEED TO BE MEAN ABOUT IT

"Who are you talking to?"

"Your sister," Erwin, walked over to the door, shutting it to reveal our guest.

my brother

"Y/N?" An older, more tired looking Mike stood in front of me.

"That's me," I replied, pulling Ymir's hand away from my mouth. "I didn't die."

"I can tell," he deadpanned.

you aren't supposed to take that so seriously

"And this is Ymir," I noted both his and her confusion. "I don't know what father told you but she's perfectly reasonable, and hasn't done anything to me."

i've made all my own decisions

"The boat captain?" He glanced between the two of us, confused- "you smell the sa-"

"No need to finish that sentence," I quickly cut him off. "Don't think about it for a single second."

"So you're the brother in law," Ymir seemed to be sizing him up.

THAT DIDN'T HELP AT ALL

"Brother in law?" His gaze fell to our hands.

WE AREN'T MARRIED

"Stop making misunderstandings," I hissed. "We aren't married-"

"Not yet."

"-right, not yet-"

"I would expect you to at least introduce your spouse to me before marrying them," Mike seemed to visibly deflate, "I haven't been away for that long."

"She's just joking," I rushed to explain, "I mean we are together but it's not like I was planning on keeping it from you."

"They only just got back," Erwin reminded, "and she had no way of knowing that you had returned."

THANK YOU ERWIN

"Ymir saved me from father, the two of us grew closer while we figured out how to retaliate," I continued to explain. "I thought you were still at school."

"Father called me back when you left."

"I'm surprised, I thought he would've wanted to settle it quietly."

although we didn't really give him the chance

we ran away

it's hard to be quiet about that

"Maybe he was worried about the two of you reaching out to each other," Ymir offered, taking a seat next to Levi. "If it weren't for your injury we probably would've."

is he really smart enough to do that-

"The two of you should hide the fact that you talked," Levi muttered, hunched over in thought. "He might do something."

now that's something i really wouldn't put past him

"That might be difficult," Ymir frowned, "pretty sure the entire town knows that Y/N and I came here."

true- we came to make an impression

"We could pretend to fight-" I suggested.

"The more secure he feels the better," Erwin nodded. "Did you plan to speak with him?"

"Not until things have calmed down a little bit more," I paused, "after you the first person I was going to meet was Reiner."

that honestly sounds terrifying the more i think about it

"Thought you were done with that asshole," Levi muttered, gauging Ymir's reaction to my comment.

SO DID I

"A lot changes when you learn that your ex fiance is somehow connected to a criminal."

WE REALLY BRUSHED OVER THE BERTOLD SITUATION

BUT LIKE-

THAT WAS ALARMING INFORMATION

ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE I HAD GOING ON

I NEED A BREAK

"We won't ask," Erwin pinched the bridge of his nose. "I assume it's mostly to see Gabi anyway."

"Can you three please explain what the deal is with 'Gabi,'" Ymir groaned, exasperated.

IM TELLING YOU SHES A CHILD

"She's just like a little sister to me-"

"A small child? Wouldn't she just be a bit of a brat?" She objected, clearly confused.

NO-

"Yes."

"Basically."

"Your girlfriend has awful taste."

"YOU GUYS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT-" I turned to Ymir, "don't listen to them- Gabi is amazing- she just gives off a really bad first impression-"

"I knew I couldn't trust you," Ymir shook her head, "you're way too nice."

I REALLY WOULDN'T SAY THAT

"She's 13 and acts it," Levi grumbled, "Y/N is an idiot."

"You just don't understand her like I do- and why would you, you're a horrible evil tiny man."

when i wanted to escape my arranged marriage she tried to help-

AND IT ALMOST WORKED

until my father overheard us planning and told the braun family that gabi was only pretending to hate my guts

"You make everyone out to be way nicer of a person than they actually are," Ymir laced her fingers through mine, "it's awfully intimidating."

"I wonder if you'll think that when we meet my father."

"Are you going to be ok doing that?" Mike frowned, looking down at me.

i think so

"I have to be, don't I?"

"What a shit situation," Levi.

"You're telling me," Ymir.

"You'll be fine," Erwin, warm, comforting.

thanks guys

"This is a really heartwarming moment-" my stomach rumbled loudly, "can we eat something? I'd rather not be stressed out of my mind on an empty stomach."

"Of course."

isn't it comforting?

how some things just fall back into place no matter how much changes?

i think so

__________________

sorry im an hour late! went on a walk and totally lost track of time

- ami