14. trincadeira

"-sorry what was I saying?"

"You were talking about the time that your friend Levi embarrassed himself in some posh restaurant," Ymir answered, her gaze wandering as the two of us explored the winding roads that led back to the ship.

RIGHT

"Oh right- anyway, he refuses to go back there to this day but the food is good," I paused, catching sight of the ship. "I should take you-"

"Asking me out? How forward, I thought you wanted to avoid rumors," Ymir chuckled. "Sure, I might get in trouble with your father if I turn you down anyway."

....

"First of all- I want to avoid rumors that aren't true," I frowned, scowling up at her. "Second of all my father would be thrilled if you turn me down, I'm supposed to be marrying Reiner. Remember?"

I WOULD BE THRILLED TO FORGET IT

"If you don't want to go you can just say- but you're missing out on half of the best places in town."

"I could say the same thing about you," Ymir seemed a little put off by my response. "I'll go, I have to get to know you better anyway."

i mean

"Alright- I just-" I glanced between her and the ship we were rapidly approaching, "there are other things we could do to get to know each other."

you know like .

long walks on the beach <3

prolonged eye contact followed by . other things

"We were wondering where you were," Historia called out to the two of us from the ship, cutting off Ymir who had just opened her mouth to reply.

every time someone tries to tell me something they get cut off .

almost as if .

there's someone doing this on purpose for some kind of plot reason or something idk .

that would be crazy lol

ur so right

"Our friend took me out for breakfast," Ymir began to leave me behind, our previous conversation forgotten.

friend <333

ill pretend you didn't just totally ignore the fact that we were talking

im a friend <333

"Breakfast? You rarely do that," Historia frowned, helping me up.

ymir that's the most important meal of the day </3

i draw the line at being a breakfast hater

the tax evasion was ok <3

"I had a change of heart, and I was getting bored alone on the ship," Ymir replied busying herself with something on deck.

SO YOU WERE BORED

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN LIE

LIKE . I WASN'T GOING TO THINK ANY LESS OF YOU IF YOU WERE BORED

YMIR ..

YOU CONFUSE ME

"You could've just admitted it earlier," I muttered under my breath beginning to pace towards the cabin.

WHY AM I EVEN MAD

I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IM MAD

WHY AM I FRUSTRATED