11. tempranillo

"Excuse me," a voice called out from the docks, turning I met the eyes of Erwin and Levi.

what are you traitors doing here???

"What do you want?" Jean called out to them.

MY QUESTION EXACTLY

"Hey- Y/N-" Levi's gaze shifted uncomfortably between me and the rest of the crew.

what is your problem .

do not embarrass me in front of ppl who already hate me

DO ONE NICE THING FOR ME

"Are you alright?" Erwin broke the awkward silence.

HUH ???

"Uh yeah? I think so- did something happen?"

DID SOMEONE DIE ??

"Your friends are worried about you," Ymir murmured into my ear a bit too close for comfort.

"Why?"

"You're a fucking idiot-" Levi grumbled, beginning to walk closer to the ship. "It's getting late and you're with complete strangers, strangers who are criminals."

oh-

well i mean .

it's like 3:00 you're being a bit dramatic

"Right, you should get back to your friends," Ymir dismissed me, "you've done enough work for today, come back tomorrow."

"Really? There's still a lot of work left- I got interrupted," I glanced to the side at the rest of the crew.

"You've got better things to do than sit at a desk, go," she nodded towards Levi and Erwin.

why do you sound mad?

"If you want me to stay I don't have an issue with that-" I frowned, walking over to my friends anyway.

honestly levi and erwin probably don't care that much either-

though-

it is kinda cute that they stayed to make sure i was ok <3

DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT THEY DITCHED ME EARLIER

THEY STILL AREN'T FORGIVEN

"Have a good afternoon Y/N," Ymir waved, turning on her heel before disappearing within the ship.

right-

"I'll be back tomorrow," I addressed the crew, "sorry for the bad first impression."

GOD I FEEL SO AWKWARD

"I apologize if we interrupted anything," Erwin muttered once we were out of earshot.

...

"It's fine- I'm going back tomorrow anyway," I sighed, stretching.

i don't know how my father does it- sitting at a desk all day

"You managed to convince her to help you?" Levi asked, surprised.

YEAH I DID

"In exchange for help with her papers- it's not perfect but it's progress-"

"Congratulations."

HUH

"Is THE Levi Ackerman happy for me?" I whirled around, eyes wide as I made out the awkward smile on his face.

"Shut the fuck up."

"We should do something to celebrate," Erwin suggested, a look of relief clear on his features.

it's not over yet

"When the arranged marriage is called off we can celebrate," I hummed, skipping ahead of the two of them.

until then it's not like i'm in the clear

"Ok so explain how you got her to listen to you?" The three of us were in Erwin's room, Levi sitting idly in a large armchair flipping through some boring historical record while Erwin and I sat at a coffee table helping ourselves to an array of pastries.

"She got curious I guess-" I frowned, picking up a stained glass cookie, "I'm not entirely convinced that she's on my side, but I can't complain about it."

at least some of her crew likes me

"How are you going to tell your father?" Levi asked, eyes not leaving his book.

uhhhh

"He'll react poorly," Erwin mused.

WELL YEAH

"Isn't that the point?" I replied, "maybe I should wait a little bit- I don't really know Ymir or the crew that well, if anything happens I don't want to give him the opportunity to gloat about it."

"Are you going to tell your brother?"

"Maybe," I flopped back in my seat, staring up at the ceiling.

Mike and I don't have a bad relationship-

I'd like to think that we're close.

But he inherited his sense of responsibility from our father- not that I think he supports the arranged marriage- just that he would probably be pretty pissed off to hear that I'm working for a competitor.

"What if one of you told him? You keep in touch right- just send a letter and mention it casually- I'll tell him myself if he doesn't reach out first."

"That is an extremely shit plan," Levi dismissed it, "send him your own letter."

"I will, later."

"Don't let him find out from someone else," Erwin warned, taking a long sip from his tea.

"Don't worry about it," I waved them both off, "seriously you two are bullies one second and mothers the next."

IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE MEAN TO ME JUST COMMIT

"He's our friend to asshole- besides your father is already upset with you, don't make it worse." Levi grumbled.

TRUST IN ME A LITTLE BIT

"I'll try not to-"

it's just .

there isn't much i can do

i don't want to have to sacrifice my own well-being to make someone else feel good

at the end of the day it's my future

i want them to be a part of it but if that means letting go of my choice?

i won't fight to keep you around

that isn't unreasonable

"Let's talk about something different, this is bringing down the mood," I suggested, glancing outside at the setting sun.

MY FAMILY DRAMA IS IMPORTANT BUT .

I DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT ALL OF THE TIME

LIKE . BULLYING LEVI IS AS IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT TO ME

"Like?" Levi asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"How the two of you abandoned me today."

"WE WERE LOOKING OUT FOR YOU!"

"You looked like you had fun without us."

"YOU KNOW I DON'T LIKE BEING LEFT ALONE-"

_________________

sorry this is a bit late! i didn't forget abt it i promise- i was picking up my brother from something and didn't have wifi </3 

- ami (: