6. shiraz

this certainly isn't what i thought i would be doing tonight

"You've got a weird look on your face," Ymir muttered- studying my expression.

OK WELL DON'T LOOK TOO CLOSE

"Let me be a little bit confused on my night of rebellion," I rolled my eyes, watching as members of the crew drank unspeakable amounts of alcohol.

they'll all die of alcohol poisoning before the night is over

"Alright," she nodded, her gaze resting fondly on her crew, "you've got to get back to your cushy lifestyle soon."

right- it's almost morning, isn't it?

"Can't I just say?"

"As fun as this has been, I'm not looking to be running from the law for kidnapping the daughter of a wealthy merchant."

ugh :/

"Haven't you broken the law in the past?"

"Parking violations," she brushed off my comment, "believe me you don't want to stay here either."

no i really do-

im going to get my head chewed off when i get back home

this is preferable

"A little bit longer then," I murmured, the man who had been telling a story earlier, Jean, was beginning to tell another, his words slurring.

"Right, five more minutes," Ymir nodded, laughing lightly.

i can't believe you're enforcing a curfew on my rebellious night out

"You suck."

"Bold words from the young lady," she gasped in mock horror, "it's technically morning anyway, your rebellious night out ended two hours ago at twelve."

...

"Have I convinced you to listen to me?"

"I'm afraid that if anything you're indebted to me, tell your father to be patient."

IT'S SERIOUSLY A PERSONAL REQUEST

"He didn't ask me to do anything-" I groaned loudly.

"Right- I'll see for myself when I hear it," she brushed me off.

BUT-

"THEN LET ME TELL YOU NOW ???"

"I told you- a week- you only have six days left now."

"Promise you're not leaving this place in a week?"

Ymir stared back at me, smirking slightly.

"Oh god-"

"I promise I'll hear you out eventually- how's that?" She shrugged.

........

BAD

I HAVE A TIME LIMIT

"I'm going to come bother you."

"Good luck," her gaze returned to her crew. "Hitch- take her back will you?"

wow im getting kicked out </3

"Sure," 'Hitch' sauntered towards us gesturing brusquely for me to follow. The walk home was long and quiet.

"In his study," Nifa, the head maid murmured, glancing over my disheveled appearance.

i promise whatever you're thinking it's worse

"I'll pass," I grumbled, blinking as my eyes adjusted to the light, "thank you Hi-" she was already gone.

"Good luck," she waved at me as I walked upstairs. My room was at the end of a long hall- that happened to house my father's study.

this is unfortunate <3

I crept forward, trying to be as quiet as possible, light spilled out from his study into the hallway through an open door.

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO-

"Y/N."

I DIDN'T EVEN STEP ACROSS-

"I can see your shadow."

oh.

"That's nice," I stepped out from where I had been hiding, "goodnight Father!"

GO GO GO GO

"Where were you?" His brow furrowed as he questioned me.

BYE

"I'm going to bed! Goodnight!" I continued watching, trying my best not to look back.

"Listen, Reiner is a good husband, I'm just looking out for your future," his voice took on a stern tone.

...

IT'S 3AM

WE DON'T NEED TO TALK ABOUT THE HETEROSEXUAL RELATIONSHIP YOU ARE TRYING TO FORCE ME INTO

"I told you I'm not doing it," I turned on my heel, meeting his scowl.

"You have to stop being selfish," he scoffed, running a hand through his greying hair in exasperation.

"It's my life- I have every right to be selfish," I frowned, rolling my eyes incredulously, "goodnight."

"And? What will come of your life once your brother takes over the business? Do you plan on mooching off of the family forever?" He shouted after me, continuing to pursue me as I walked down the hall.

no of course not

"I told you, I'm figuring it out- I don't need to marry into another household," I scowled, reaching for my door.

"You can't expect me to believe you when you pull stunts like what you did tonight."

i mean that was kind of part of it

"It's the first time this has ever happened, if you want me gone so bad you can stay out of my business," my door swung open.

"Y/N-" he warned, "I'm only doing this because I care about you."

then listen to me

The door clicked shut behind me.

i want to leave again

hitch is probably pretty far away at this point-

right

I walked over to the window anyway, peering out into the street below.

nothing

My gaze lifted from the street out towards the harbor, I could pick out the bright lights of celebration coming from the Dancing Titan from here.

technically i could walk back-

ymir is right though

it's probably too dangerous

Exhaustion took hold, I trudged back toward my bed, glancing once back over my shoulder at the landscape view of the harbor.

unfair

when i get ymir to work with me the first thing im going to do is ask her to arm me

is that really a good idea ??

no <3

ill be a menace to society

I made it to bed, sinking into the mattress as sleep overtook me. 

_________________

happy halloween to ppl who celebrate! i would normally write a spooky chapter but im swamped with college applications rn ): maybe ill get around to it later on <3 

hope you're having a great evening <333

- AWOOmi