39. carema

"Why?" Hitch shot Ymir a weird look.

"I'm feeling generous," Ymir beamed in response, pulling me close to her side, "Y/N here was in a good mood too."

i mean i appreciate the fact tht she isn't just saying it outright but-

isn't this pretty much the same thing ???

she isn't very subtle

"Oh," Hitch shot me a knowing smile, "alright what's the present?"

GOD THATS EMBARRASSING

"Y/N has gotten us reservations at one of those upper class restaurants," Ymir excitedly told the rest of the crew who had gathered around by now. "It's for tomorrow so you'll all have the evening off."

i was not aware tht they had shifts ????

i just kinda assumed yall hung out on this boat carrying stuff to make it look like you're busy

and like jean and eren r just there

"But the last time we-" Armin began to speak up.

"Shhhh I want to see this," Hitch cut him off, leaning back on a stack of crates.

there's no problem is there?

i got the reservations fair and square

they have no right to deny us entry

"I'll assume that we'll all get to know the good news soon?" Historia chuckled, glancing between the two of us.

it's going to rlly suck if after this week i decide i don't want to go through with things

"Maybe," Ymir shrugged, glancing down at me.

WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME AFTER THAT

"Is there something I'm missing?" Jean frowned, staring at the two of us.

"You're stupid Jean." Eren shook his head dismissively at the other man.

'WHAT ?? IT'S NOT LIKE YOU GET IT EITHER!" Jean shouted at Eren for the comment.

help-

"NO I DON"T BUT I WOULDN'T ADMIT IT!" Eren screamed back, the two of them quickly at each other's throats.

well at least those two don't get the subtext

"Are you tired?" Ymir leaned down, whispering into my ear.

"A little," I whispered back.

but it's still only late afternoon

"Historia," Ymir called out to the blonde who skipped over, "do you think you could bring us something to eat at around six? Just leave it in my office we'll be out."

"Certainly," Historia replied, "I won't knock so-"

IT'S NOT LIKE THAT

"Your mistake," Ymir shrugged, leading me away from the group that was now engrossed in their own conversations.

im so-

"She's going to get the wrong idea," I grumbled, relaxing into Ymir's embrace the minute the door closed behind us.

not that everyone hasn't already gotten the wrong idea

"Is she though?" Ymir shot me a coy smile, "don't worry I won't do anything to make you more tired."

help-

what do you mean like that

JUST TELL IT TO ME STRAIGHT

"I just want to lay down," I murmured, leading her towards the bed.

"Let's do that then," Ymir picked me up off of my feet in one swift movement, setting me down on the bed gently. "What do you want to talk about?"

oh right- i had some questions for her

but-

you said that you weren't ready to answer them?

"I just want to know about your past- it's nothing serious," I muttered, moving over so that she could join me.

"I'll tell you about the first crew I worked with, but in return, I'd like to learn something about you."

i have nothing to hide

"Alright, ask away," I stared up at the ceiling- a view that had become all tooo familiar recently.

i feel like i've told her most that there is to know?

"Who-" Ymir's voice faltered, I turned to look at her taking in how unusually serious her expression was.

"What's wrong? I won't be mad at you," I frowned at her.

i mean unless you ask something truly terrible but i don't know what that would be so-

"Just who is Gabi to you?"

HUH ????

"That's-" My frown deepened, "that's what you wanted to ask??"

I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE SERIOUS

"Answer the question."

ok chill out-

"Gabi is Reiner's sister- I told you that before."

"Yeah but- who is she to you?" Ymir repeated.

like a younger sibling?

"Gabi is my friend, why does it matter?"

do you have some kind of issue with her????

you haven't even met

hold on-

"Well-"

"Are you jealous???"

i don't want to laugh but-

"No I-" Ymir turned away from me clearly embarrassed.

omg

"YOU TOTALLY ARE-"

"NO IM NOT."

"YES YOU ARE- JUST ADMIT IT I WON'T JUDGE-"

AHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHHHA

"OK FINE- A LITTLE."

AHHAHAHHAHHAHAH HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA AHAHHAAH

"Ymir-" I calmed down a bit, holding down my laughter. "Gabi is 12."

you're jealous of a child

"Oh," Ymir buried her face in the pillow, "that was stupid."

it was cute

"Oh cheer up, it just means that you don't have any competition."

im assuming she was worried about that

i wouldn't have agreed to our deal if that was the case

im not that hung up on anyone

"You're right," Ymir shot up, her mood restored in an instant. "That simplifies things."

i won't ask about what you would do to gabi she was competition-

"You're ridiculous," I chuckled, shifting so I could stare up at her. "Are you going to tell me your story now?"

i'd like to hear about the first crew you were on

it sounds entertaining

miles more interesting than anything i've lived through

"You sure you don't want to go to bed?" Ymir teased, looking down at me through half-lidded eyes.

im certain

"Alright then- let me think," she began telling an enchanting story.

______________________

slayyyy

- ami