10. bordô

"She's alive-" a man I recognized as Jean muttered, clearly surprised.

WAS I REALLY THAT CLOSE TO DEATH ??

HAVE MORE FAITH IN YOUR CAPTAIN

IT'S WORRYING

"Of course she is, you're an idiot-" Annie- the barmaid from the night before grumbled.

WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE

"They're regulars- it would be weirder if we weren't familiar," Annie explained as if reading my mind.

.

it feels suspiciously easy to befriend these people

like why wasn't that the approach i took first .

"Oh- hi-" the third person spoke up, noticing my eyes on them, "I'm Armin- sorry about this."

OH UHM

I DON'T MIND

IM INTRUDING SO- IT'S OK

"Hi, I'm Y/N Za-" I paused, frowning, "well I'm guessing you already knew that."

"Of course we do," Hitch, walked up to our group, leaning against a crate. "Your father's an a-"

OH I KNOW

"Hitch," Historia interjected, shooting her a glare to which Hitch reluctantly conceded. "Y/N is helping Ymir with her paperwork, she's one of us."

oh-

i don't know if that's really appropriate

i mean- i haven't even had conversations with everyone here

"As if," Jean scoffed, giving me a once over.

yeah that seems like the appropriate reaction

i can't say that i didn't expect it but-

i'd like to get along

"Are you sure?" Armin asked incredulously, "are you sure you want to do that?"

well that's a different reaction

"I mean- yeah?"

SOUND CONFIDENT

"She won't last," Annie muttered, quickly brushing me off.

"Just ignore her if you don't like her," Hitch muttered.

DO YOU LIKE ME???

judging by the way they're talking like i'm not even there

probably not

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Armin repeated a worried edge to his voice.

YEAH ???

"It's nothing that I can't handle- I mean- it's a little paperwork but it's not like I'm doing anything crazy," I frowned, glancing back at the pile at her desk.

I MEAN ??

IT'S A LOT BUT IT ISN'T THAT BAD

I THINK ???

"What are you talking about-" Armin muttered horrified.

HUH ??

"I mean Ymir makes it-"

"What are you talking about?" The aforementioned Captain waltzed back back aboard two more members of her crew trailing behind her.

ARMIN KEEP TALKING