50. terret noir

"Excuse me?" Our moment was abruptly interrupted. "Can I help you?"

THAT'S SO EMBARRASSING

"Oh, right," Ymir turned to look at the clerk who had cut in, not even bothering to mask her disappointment. "I'd like a bouquet."

YMIR...

"I'm sorry for blocking the entrance," I murmured, walking further into the shop.

"Oh no worries," the clerk, a shorter woman with dark brown hair chuckled. "I apologize for making you wait."

it really wasn't that long-

it felt like forever

it should've been longer

"We're looking for something that will brighten up a space," Ymir wandered around the store.

"She likes roses," I followed close behind.

"I like the color red," she nodded.

"I'm not sure I pegged you as a rose girl," I murmured.

well i didn't even think she was the type to like flowers

"Why? What did you think?"

"I'm not sure- maybe something a little bit more rugged," I looked around the store. "Wildflowers or something."

"Really?"

"I feel like they suit you, the rose is so-" I frowned a little. "Cultivated?"

"Well, you could say the same thing about yourself," she chuckled, reaching for my hand. "Compared to me you're like a rose in a greenhouse."

poetic

"Is this your roundabout way of confessing to me?"

"Is it working?"

"A little-"

this isn't the first time

"Is this fine?" The clerk came back, holding a large bouquet of red and white roses.

romantic

"Perfect," Ymir took the bouquet, presenting it to me. "What do you think?"

"I don't know," I held it up to my face. "Are we twins?"

"I wonder, the flowers are a little bit prettier," she teased.

wtfff

"You're supposed to say that I'm 1000x more attractive than the flowers and that I'm the most gorgeous person you know."

"I'd hate to lie to the woman I'm interested in," she hummed, continuing to tease. "I'm kidding- how could flowers ever compare?"

"You'll have to make it up to me later," I winked at her, accepting the flowers. "It feels like a real date now?"

"Was the food not enough?"

"Oh believe me- I've been on enough dates to restaurants in my lifetime." I paused, "I want to do things that I can only ever do with you."

given the large majority of those dates were with men i had no interest in

arranged marriage meetings

and the occasional dinner whenever my father felt like i wasn't showing reiner enough attention

"I think we'll have to kiss a couple more times," Ymir feigned deep thought. "Are you ready for the next place?"

"Are we finally going to that special place where no one hates you?"

"Nope! One more stop before then- I want to show you off to the world."

oh

"Are we going to print my picture in the newspaper?" I took her hand once more as we left the florist.

just to be clear i'm not the biggest fan of PDA

although that feels hypocritical after what just happened

i just get flustered in front of a crowd

i don't like feeling like a spectacle

that's reasonable enough

"Nothing like that- just thought that since we're here now I should let everyone know just who you're with."

well thank you??

"It's dangerous around here- not that you can't handle yourself but it would give me peace of mind to scare off most of the little guys anyway," Ymir explained. "Not to mention, the daughter of a wealthy merchant? You're quite the catch, who wouldn't want to show you off?"

"Where was this attitude when we were in the florist?" I grumbled slightly.

i appreciate it

"What was that?"

"Nothing-"

"Just warning Y/N-" Ymir came to a stop in front of a large building. "I'm not entirely sure how many people like me here, just be prepared to duck if something gets thrown the moment I open the door."

YOU WANT TO SHOW ME OFF TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE YOU???

ISN'T THAT EVEN MORE DANGEROUS FOR ME??

HUH ??

"That's terrifying."

"It's normal, ready?"

"I guess?"

NO ?!?!?!?

"I'm back!" Ymir called out loudly, pushing the door open before I could voice any more of my concerns.

A chorus of expletives and disgruntled acknowledgment followed.

no flying chairs though-

"Not going to throw anything?" She mused, "maybe distance really does make the heart grow fonder."

As we entered I was immediately welcomed by the smell of alcohol and something faintly burning on a stove. We were in a dimly lit tavern or guild hall- it was slightly unclear as nothing in the large space seemed cohesive.

i kinda like that no two chairs are the same

"Why are you back?" A tall imposing man who I assumed was the owner barked out from behind a bar.

"Don't be like that Hannes- I'm back because I love your company," Ymir chuckled, pulling me along with her.

EVERYONE IS STARING

"Who's that with you?" He shot a disgruntled look in my direction.

hi

"I've come to show off my girlfriend to you," Ymir announced proudly, beaming.

for the week at least

"Y/N Zacharius," I bowed slightly, tightening my grip on Ymir's hand. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Zacharius?" He leaned back in his chair, frowning slightly. "The merchant?"

"His daughter," I nodded. "Although I'm not sure he would agree with that statement right now."

"I'll be damned," he chuckled. "Pleasure to meet you, that brat snuck onto my ship a little over a decade ago- taught her everything she knows."

"Bullshit," Ymir rolled her eyes.

"You didn't teach her how to swim though?"

__________________________

going to dinner so im posting early!

- ami