4| Welcome To Hell

NIA

"I'm rich, rich, bow down peasants." I exclaimed while throwing money in the air.

"Wake up miss." I heard a voice say in the distance. "Nia!"

"What? What?" I blurted out, getting aggravated. I opened my eyes, "No!! It was a dream I'm not rich." I cried.

Matteo looked at me in confusion, "Get up, it's time to go to school." He says politely.

"School?" I groaned. "Yes, school the thing kids go to, to get an education." He explained, I can feel is sassy attitude even though he's saying it oh so politely.

"I'm not stupid." I scoff and throw my covers off of me. "I just don't want to go." I say as I make my way to the bathroom.

I sniffed myself, ew I smell. "I'll be out in a minute!" I yelled.

I took off my clothes that have been on for more than twenty-four hours, what? I was tired when I got here.

I entered the bathroom and stared at my reflection. I look like a zombie. My long curly hair was a big Afro right now and my green eyes had dark circles under them.

Sighing I went into the shower. I let the warm water flow down my body, I could stay in here forever.

But good things come to an end eventually.

Matteo started calling for me.

I got out wrapping my towel around me, I french braided my hair too tight to the point my eyes were being being back.

I undid it and did a loser French braid and did my baby hairs. "Looking good, mama." I say with a wink to myself.

I applied some shea butter on my face and called it a day.

I made my way to the uniform that was hanging on my closet door.

I put it on and went downstairs, holding my dirty converses in my left hand. I rolled my eyes as I saw Greg standing at the end of the stairs with Veronica.

My eyes flickered pass them and spotted Matteo, "Good morning Matteo." I say walking passed them both, "Right now you're my favorite person in this house." I say out loud so the people in the back can here.

"I'm honored but, your father is trying really hard to make up-"

"Thirteen years, I don't think so." I cut him off.

"Please Nia." I heard Greg say behind me, I turned around glaring at him, "Listen, I can't rewind time, I would if I could, hell I would've done it by now." He paused and pierced his lips together, and walked closer to me placing his hands on my shoulder's. "But, I can't. I can only fix the present." He says with a smile.

"Awe," I cooed. "Did you get that off of a movie or something?" I spat and swipe his hands off of me. "It's going to take a lot more than a stupid speech to get on my good side, do you know how many days mom stayed up crying because of you?"

"Do you know how many times I've gotten sad because I saw other kids with there fathers."

He looked at me stunned.

I scoff, "Of course you wouldn't, you weren't there." I say.

"Wheres breakfast?" I questioned.

"Right this way."

XX X XX X

After breakfast, Matteo guided me to the garage. "HOLY SHIT!" I exclaimed as I made my way to the five cars that were in the garage. "What the hell does he do, is he a drug dealer?" I questioned.