25| Field Trip

"This class will be going on a field trip to Florida since, we were in the top three of classes who had the best scores on the SAT test--" he paused and stared at Nia she was looking out the window with her headphones on, "Some of us." Mr. Cook says.

Patricia thought I was looking at her she started to wave. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the front of the room.

"These are your permission slips get them signed and turn them in tomorrow."

He walked up to Nia's desk, she looked up, taking out her earphones. "See me after class."

The bell rings signaling us to you know get the fuck out, I stepped out the classroom and stayed near the door.

Call it eavesdropping, call me being nosy, I call it getting the tea.

"There will be other students on this trip, students that were at your old school."

"And your telling me this why?"

"I want you to be on your best behavior, I don't need you getting kicked out of the hotel we will be staying at."

"Yeah, yeah. You want have to worry about my troublesome self, I'm not going."

NIA

"YOU'RE NOT GOING?!" Rose yells and throws her bathing suit on her bed. "You have to come its not like I have any friends besides you!"

"I can't go I don't even deserve to go on the trip. May I remind you that I almost pulled our class out of the rankings. If Mr. Cook hadn't curved my grade to a 'D'." I say picking up the pink bathing suit, "Bring this one it matches you." I say trying to change the subject.

"Oh you think--" She starts with a smile, "No, no, no! You're not about to change the subject." She says throwing the bathing suit in her bag.

She grabbed me by the arm and sat me on the bed she plopped down next to me, "So what if you didn't get a good grade, you need this vacation more then anyone."

"Vacation? If I go it's going to turn into a blood bath."

She fixed herself facing me with a concerned look on her face, "What are you talking about?"

I really haven't told anyone why I'm in New York in the first place, looking back at everything, "Damn I've had some serious character development." I thought out loud.

"What?"

"Nothing."

I stand up and walk towards her closet and start to browse through it, "The people at my old school are going to be there and--" I turn around holding a little black dress, she shakes her head, "My dad is going through my bag before I leave."

I roll my eyes and put it back, "Anyway, and I'm just going to say my old school was-- is still ghetto. Very, very, bad. And lets just say they don't like me so much."

"Are you telling me your scared to confront your old classmates, that are going to be there? Little miss, Nobody scares me, is fucking scared"

I turn around faster than James Charles losing his subscribers, "I am not scared of those bitches." I blurt out.

"Okay then!" She exclaimed excitedly clapping her hands together, "Problem solved you're coming on this trip."

XX X XX X

How did this happen?

Why am I here?

What the fuck!!!