24| Safe

"NO!!!" I shrieked as he began groaning in pain.

Greg and Veronica was untied and rushed over to us.

I ran to Liam, falling on my knees beside him. "No, no, fucking no!"

Tears began pouring down my cheeks as I saw him slowly closing his eyes.

I grabbed a hold of his cheeks, "Listen Liam, you don't get to fucking die."

Please God don't take other person I love away from me. Please!

I turned around nobody was helping, nobody was doing anything, "What the fuck are y'all idiots doing, call the fucking ambulance!" I shouted.

I turned my attention to the mess in front of me, "Y-You are not about to fucking die! I actually fucking like you! And you know damn well that those words don't come out of my mouth easily. T-that was a surprise to me I thought I only liked skittles!"

I looked at him he was not answering me, he wasn't moving. I placed my head on his chest, crying like a baby.

"So you like me?" He let out.

I lifted my head from his chest and stared at him smiling up at me, he unzipped his jacket revealing a bullet proof vest, "You didn't think I was that dumb did you?" He chuckled.

I stared at him in silence, a lot of emotions were going through my head, anger, sadness.

I went to open my mouth and then I closed it again. "You should know when she's silent she's really mad." I hear my dad say.

I want to slap him and hug him at the same time.

I hit him in the stomach.

"You know it still hur-"

I embraced him into a hug cutting him off, "I fucking hate you." I whisper pulling him in tighter.

"Like I really, really hate you." I say not believing a word I was saying.

"But I also love you." I hesitantly let out what if this happens again and he's NOT wearing a bullet proof vest. I would never be able to say those words. I mine as well get it off my chest now.

"The cops are on there way you gang folks need to get the hell out!" My dad blurts out hanging up the phone, "I'll handle everything, just don't do anything stupid for a week."

"Yes sir!" Everyone said.

Liam stood up, before he left he turned around giving me look of mixed emotions.

He doesn't feel the same way, does he?

"NIA!"

I looked to where my name was being called, my eyes went wide, "R-ROSE!!!" I shouted.

She ran up to me embracing me into a tight hug, I didn't hug her too tight because I know she is still injured. "I-I thought you were dead, God!!! Do you know how many times I cried, oh my fucking God!" I say all in one breath.

"I fucking love you!!" I say, "I wouldn't know what to do if anything happened to you!" I sniffed.

"I love you too Nia, I'm so glad you're okay."

XX X XX X

I was in my room getting ready for a good night sleep.

I heard a knock on the door, "Yes?"

"It's dad--" he paused clearing his throat, "Its Greg."

"I'm coming in."

I sit up in bed fixing myself, "Hey." He says walking toward me.

I cleared my throat, "Hi."

"Listen--" We both said at the same time, I started to laugh, "You go first." We both said in sync again.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I let out, "I'm really sorry. I-" I paused and breathed in, "I shouldn't have said what I said. I wasn't in the right state of mind. To be honest with you, I was high."

"And I was drunk." He says.

He sat on the bed, "I was just being a total dick, to you, to your mom."

"I was a fucking an idiot for leaving you two to fend for yourselves. I was-"

"Dumb, immature, a--"

"Yeah, all those things." He chuckles. "Nobody is perfect..." I trailed off.

"I forgive you, and I hope we can move forward..." I paused and looked towards the door, veronica was creeping. "And Veronica!" I smirked, "I hope you would forgive me for acting like a bitch towards you." I say loud enough that she can hear me.

I heard her laugh, "Yeah, whatever." She says and smirks.

I shook my head laughing, "I love you dad." I whispered and pulled him into a hug.

"I love you too."

One month later.

"Hey!" I walked up to Liam's locker. He grabbed a pack of cigarettes and a lighter out of his locker, I looked at him in disgust. "You know you can get in trouble for that." I pointed at the pack of poison in his right hand.

He rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?" He groaned.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I chuckled.

"Where are you heading to?" He asked.

"To my class," I tilted my head. "I meant which class." he said.

"Culinary" I exclaimed. To be honest I can't cook to save my life I burn eggs for crying out loud! I didn't even know that was possible.

"Let me walk you there." He offered while putting the pack of cigarettes and the lighter in his back pocket "You know if that falls ou-"

"It won't." He blurted out "Let's go." he says shutting his locker.

"You're going to be late!" I blurted out. "Don't worry about it our teacher is out sick we have a sub and that means I have a free block." He says with a smirk.

"What is the point of you coming to school in general... You don't do anything." I say in a teasing matter but, I was serious I really wanna know. "I do things!" He pouts.

"I sleep, sometimes I go smoke in the boy's bathroom or on the side of the school." He explains. I face-palm myself, "Those are not... Those are not things you do at school." I sighed.

I looked straight ahead I didn't realize people were staring at us, now I feel weird, I lifted my head up to look at Liam he was just walking with his head held high like the confident person he is. "You should be a model." he stopped walking and looked dead at me with his scary eyes. I think I just hurt his manhood or I made his ego bigger.

He pulled out his phone and went to the camera, "I guess I am kinda cute." He says with a smirk admiring himself on the camera. I shook my head and started to laugh, yep, I just made his ego even bigger.

I stopped in front of my classroom door, "Goodbye you big goof." I laugh and playfully hit him in his chest he put a cheesy smile on his face I don't know what happened at this moment but, I started to stare at him his smile literally lit up my eyes, "Woah..." I whisper.

He tilts his head, "What?" He questions looking at me weird.

The warning bell rang and everyone rushed passed us but, I didn't see anything but just him, well... That was until Mrs. Steed interrupted.

"What you two gonna start making out?" She says in her southern accent. I snapped out of my daze immediately and covered my face, Liam started to laugh. "I don't know miss, she won't even let me hug her."

"Liam going to skip class, Mrs. Steed!" I say covering up my embarrassment and walk inside the classroom. "What..." Liam drags out in a high pitched voice sounding like a chipmunk.

"Nia!!!" He groans I turned around and waved at him with a slight giggle.

Everything kinda has been going back to normal I still have nightmares about that day, but it's not a big of a deal... right?

X XX X XX