Chapter 14

Hope you're all doing well! Enjoy this next chapter! I think you'll like it ;) Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!! Fan so that you get updates. It would be great if you shared this as well! Thanks guys! Until the next chapter! x

~

All the tabloids were writing about how she was living the good life to show Niall what he was missing while on tour. It made her seem like such a wild thing that finally had the opportunity of freedom and went for it.

In reality, she was only photographed a lot with plenty of different people because she was trying to keep herself preoccupied. It was getting better, and she wanted things to stay nice. Of course, the media failed to show that half of those people were female and not all male.

It was just frustrating to have these supposed ‘close sources’ spread more lies about her.

Niall was definitely going to have a hard time of it, not knowing if the tabloids were true or not. People would have more sympathy for him though, since he was working and people thought that he was hard at work and single, while his flighty ex was going around having the time of her life. Then again, maybe not, since it was his fault if they really had actually broken up. Media seemed to settle on an on-off relationship now. They seemed to be breaking up every other week or something like that now. Kol didn’t like looking at anything with her face on it, not even if it was just an advertisement. She just didn’t want to risk the progress that they’ve made.

“It’s all my fault,” Kol said to Eleanor as she painted her nails absent-mindedly. They had just gotten back to the flat after three hours of going around, shopping. It was yet another thing to keep her mind off things. “I really should just live a workaholic life and not go out so that it’s less stress. I don’t think I’ve been under the public eye with this much scrutiny before.”

“It’s not that bad,” Eleanor said, tidying up the kitchen. “Your fans are still sending you in wonderful gifts of support. The phone case with the fan art was really nice and thoughtful.”

“Cool though, isn’t it?” Kol said, raising her phone with the case already used, as she was momentarily distracted. “But it’s really a big hassle. I don’t think Niall’s ever been this paranoid about me cheating on him. He probably thinks that I want to get back at him or something. I don’t even see him going out with the boys on days off anymore.”

“Are you by any chance planning on flying out to see him?”

Kol sighed as she looked through her schedule on the phone. “Probably not. I don’t think I can handle a few days to spend with them. And what’ll happen with room arrangements, right? I’d just rather not make him or me feel bad. Besides, Maria and John’s got my schedule all booked, as well as Steph.”

“Who’s Steph?”

“My agent in my UK agency.”

“Wow. That’s…just wow.”

“I’ve got so many events to go to, so many fittings and go-sees. I’ve got meetings for prospective projects and charity stuff to do. Plus, there’s this one contest that there will be ten winners and nine other models. They’re pairing us up to a winner and the winner will have a day to have a shopping date with us. I’m not sure just how much their budget is, but the company sponsoring it is reserving me for probable dates.” Kol looked through her schedule. “I’ve got this hosting thing at a gala too, apparently, some appearances on a few talk shows and so many magazine shoots. I literally have no time to go on the rebound even if Niall and I had broken up.”