Chapter 23

So I realized how long this story is going to go, so I'm sorry about that. Hope you guys want a long story! :) 

~

One of Kol’s fears with her relationship to Niall Horan

Are you worried when Niall travels? Are you worried about the girls?

Kol’s face changes when that question is asked. She does not reply with the normal ‘It’s about trust’ with a slightly revised rendition of her old answers. This time, a new answer is formed, and we couldn’t help but give an ‘Aww’ when we heard it.

“I always want to hear from him before and after the flight, because it’s another day that he’s alive. The only thing that I hate about him traveling is that it might be the last time that I would ever see him. I would never know what the plan is for his life, and I’m always worried if he’s safe or not. I get even more worried if there’s a storm or if it’s snowing somewhere while they’re on the road.”

Could she get any sweeter? Niall Horan really is a lucky lad.

-

Niall talks about Kol Vicencio

What is one thing that she does that drives you absolutely crazy?

“I can’t read her mind at all. It’s hard to read her, since she tries acting like everything’s okay. What only annoys me really is that she hates it when I buy too many expensive things for her. She’s fine with gifts and free stuff she receives from strangers, but she is terrible at receiving gifts from people she loves.”

People say that this started out as a publicity stunt. What do you say to that?

“I’m not the type to agree to seeing someone because management told me to. I just don’t feel comfortable going around pretending to be with a person when I really have no feelings toward them. But what if it was? It doesn’t matter does it, if they ended up loving each other.”

How do you react to fans that still throw themselves at you?

“I know my boundaries, obviously. The boys don’t tempt me to do anything that might lead to something that could worry her. I give them [the fans] hugs and have photos with them. I talk to them. I owe my career to them. I never do anything that would make the media misconstrue things though, and Kol doesn’t really need to worry a lot since I’m too busy to worry about even my own relationship, never mind trying to cheat on her! I am not repeating same mistakes. I’m in a very happy place right now.”

-

“Johnny, Niall and I talked about this…” Kol started, getting into the car as she started the engine. She was just about to drive out of their new driveway for the first time since buying the new house. “Since people have noticed the rock on my left hand, it’s no secret about my engagement.”

“What is it you have in mind?”

“Could you put it out that in the condition for the paparazzi and media to stay away from the ceremony and reception, we will be providing some of the official photos to the top three highest grossing bids for the photos? Niall and I have decided that we’d be donating it to a few charity foundations.”

“Clever. That’s a great move. I’m surprised that I didn’t think of it myself,” John said. Kol could almost imagine the wide smile on John’s face.

“I have to go though, since I’m driving right now and I don’t want to get into any accidents. Bye Johnny!”

Right then, Niall got into the passenger’s seat, with a cup of coffee in Kol’s thermos. Buying the house had been one of the most spontaneous things that they had ever done. Niall had been the one who suggested it. Better buy a place that they would consider a home in the long run. They both wanted the house and the garden, so in a rush, they spent the week looking at different houses in the more posh addresses up North. After debating the different houses that they visited, they finally chose one and moved in. The place was already furnished, but they were planning to remodel and refurnish the place once they had the time for it.

Granted, it wasn’t the simple house with a picket fence, considering it was luxury property with elaborate designs and expensive materials, but they both loved it and loved how open and spacious the place was.

It even had a double car lift to shelter the cars for Kol’s automobile addiction.

They were about to drive over to Harry’s so they could convoy to Harry’s family home, where the boys had bonded after they were first put together. After going over Harry’s, they would head over to Zayn’s, where Liam and Louis would congregate. Zayn would be riding with Louis and Eleanor, and Liam would be riding with Harry.

A couple of their other mates would be following, but the six of them would be heading out there first. Kol was the one driving because she simply liked it. Niall was content, just sat on the passenger’s seat. If she got tired, that was the time that he’d press for her to switch with him.

Harry’s place was only a few minutes away, so they got there in no time. They found Harry loading supplies and bags into the trunk of his car when they arrived.

“Where are we going, lads?” Kol said, taking out her camera and putting it on video. They all had sunglasses on. Harry was in a beanie and Niall had his snapback on.

“To the end of the world!” Niall said, grabbing her phone from her and putting her in the shot. “You excited, Cub?”

“Very. I’m finally going to see where it all started,” she said, going over to Harry and jumping on him from behind.

“Hey, don’t get too excited!” Harry said, half-choking and half-laughing as his hands went to her arms that were around his neck. “I do believe that we haven’t been there in such a long time though, haven’t we Nialler?”

Harry took the camera and put Kol and Niall in the shot together. “And now we have a new addition to the family, I see, Nialler? Please introduce yourself Cub.”

“Hello. I’m Svetlana Arooba,” Kol said in a very bad Russian accent and pouting her lips. “I come to take your babies and dominate the world.”

“That sounds nice,” Harry said pleasantly, grinning from behind the camera.

Kol took the phone away again and asked, “So we’re having the bungalow all to ourselves then, Haz?”

“Just like always!” Harry said, grinning as he put his arm around Niall’s neck. “Now seriously, we have to go though, since the other lads will be wondering where we are.”

“Right.” Kol said, stopping the recording and heading back to the driver’s side. “You still got enough space for some of Liam’s stuff? I have a lot more room in my car if you need some.”

“Yup! Thanks Cub.”

They went for the lads and after a few greetings and some rowdy exchanges, they were finally on the road going over to Harry’s family home.

“Do you have anything to eat in here?” Niall asked, rummaging through the paper bag full of junk food. “Ew! It’s full of healthy food!”

“There is junk at the bottom of the bag,” she said, rolling her eyes and turning left on the road and following Harry’s car. Louis was following right behind her. Niall was in charge of the playlist for the car. It was such an easy vibe for a holiday. Currently, Good Time was blasting through the speakers.

Niall had brought along Dimples, who was currently in his lap his head out the open window and with his tongue lolling around.

Kol rolled down her window and removed her hair from its bun so it was wildly going around behind her. From her left, Niall gave her a kiss on the cheek, leaving crumbs of whatever junk food he was having there.

“This weekend is going to be savage. I can just feel it,” Niall said, before stuffing his mouth with a handful of chips.