Chapter 51

“People have been telling me to have you on the show for a long time,” Teli said, in his usual flamboyant fashion. “They said we’d get on really well. I don’t really see why.” He kept a straight face with his sarcastic smile.

“I don’t see it either,” Kol said, crossing her legs and smiling at Teli. He was loud in an Alan Carr way, and fun as.

“While you’re here, you might as well tell me about that big, old house that you invited me to the other night for dinner,” Teli said, crossing his hands together and bouncing a little bit on his chair. “You’re all alone there, aren’t you, except for that bulldog that you have around the house?”

“Dimples isn’t even around all the time. It’s only when the boys are away,” Kol said. “He gets passed around. He doesn’t have one master.”

“Yes, he’s so open and friendly. He was on my leg the entire time!” Teli said, waving his hand a little. “You better do something about that little problem, love!” There was laughing at his subtle rude joke. “But you really are all alone there. Don’t you have a maid or a butler or a chauffeur?”

“No. I don’t need any of that. I can cook and clean and drive. It’s not that difficult once I got used to it.”

“Does boyfriend help when he’s around?” he said sneakily. “He goes by the name of Niall Horan, doesn’t he?”

Lately, Kol had resumed keeping her private life private. She had already revealed a few things that she was uncomfortable sharing in ‘Uncovered’, but right now, she wanted to get her privacy back and avoided answering questions alluding to her love life. “Maybe,” she responded demurely. She kept on a mild expression on her face.

“Oh come on, you can share with me. It’s not a big secret. You bloody well wrote a book about it,” Teli said pointedly, appealing to the audience.

“Well,” Kol said, “my roommate does chores as well, like the laundry or cooking or cleaning the pool. It’s pretty basic stuff that we can do ourselves, so we don’t really hire help.”

“Aren’t you very busy though? I find it amazing. I haven’t had a home-cooked meal in weeks, and I nearly screamed out in elation when you invited me to dinner at your place!”

“Yeah, you ended up falling into the pool after a few drinks!” Kol laughed.

“You know what I find funny is that we’ve been friends for quite some time now and you’ve only been on the show now.”

“I have a feeling that you don’t really want me around, Teli,” Kol grinned.

“I just go round to your place because of your excellent cooking, that’s all,” Teli batted his eyelashes. He turned to the audience. “Seriously, if I could have it sorted, I’d have you try her cooking.”

“That’s why it’s okay that I live alone whenever my roommate isn’t around,” Kol said. “I basically need to cook well so that people have dinner with me all the time. That’s the trick.”