Chapter 35

“What a quirky outfit, Cub!” Louis said as they entered the studio. “I like it!”

She was a mixture of lace camisole, a white eyelet skirt and a denim vest. She ended up in sneaker wedges, just to even mess up the look that she was going for.

When they had come in, she was bending over and looking at test shots on some of the crew that Meath had done. It really was a fantastic choice of photographer. He made it look so easy and happy and laid-back.

“You look fitter today than usual,” Louis said, smiling serenely at her. Niall elbowed him and whispered, “I don’t need to keep an eye on you too, do I? I’m telling Eleanor.”

“What? I like what she’s wearing.”

“Yes, I think we’ve established that,” Kol said, distracted. There was wardrobe to style, although she had already planned in beforehand. It just came to a matter of having them all look visually appealing, even with different styles of clothing. She also had concerns about some other things, so she was in no mood to banter today.

She glanced at Niall and saw a mark on his face. “Why didn’t I see that this morning?” She was flipping out. “Will makeup cover that up? It’s like a rash.”

Niall laughed at her hysterics, and she kept fussing over something that was on his face. “There’s always Photoshop babe.”

“Well, that’s the answer to everything, isn’t it?” she grumbled, walking away. “Photoshop…”

They boys looked at each other and snickered. They had never seen her actually at work. They had seen her modeling work, but never boss work.

“Do we have the football here?” Kol asked to no one in particular.

“Oh, did you see the game last night?” Liam said. “I think Niall would have, with it being Derby County and all.”

“Too bad I couldn’t get to watch live, since I was too…” he continued talking and Kol just zoned out his voice. When Niall got started with Derby County, he probably would be talking about it for at least half an hour. Football in general interested her, but she wasn’t a fan of any one team in particular.

Niall had tried to get her enthusiastic with one team, but to no avail. He stopped trying to get her to fan girl, ever since she told him that if she was going to pick a team, she would be choosing the team of an ex of hers, who had been a football athlete. That got him to shut up. She liked watching football. She just didn’t like talking about it.

Camille handed her the football and had her coffee in the other hand.

“Well, I’m glad someone went to work today,” Kol said, taking the coffee and ball from Camille. “Okay, boys get to the dressing room for hair and makeup. For the love of all that is holy, please try not to mess up your hair by shaking it, Harry. When one of you is done, you’ll be put to the camera first, and so on.”

They all flocked over to the dressing room, just as she commanded.