Chapter 3

“Niall! Kol! Over here!”

“Kol! Is it true about…?!”

“Niall!”

“Hey, hey!” Niall shouted as someone actually pulled on Kol’s arm. “Keep your hands to yourself, mate.”

It was worse today than usual. Paparazzi were trying to push each other to get the shot of them. The two security guards that they thought they didn’t need found that even they couldn’t part the crowd of people so easily.

Kol had her head down as she held onto Niall’s hand. Sunglasses concealed half her face and she didn’t bother to keep her hair away from her face. This was scaring her slightly. She had gotten used to the cameras everywhere, but this felt a little bit too claustrophobic. And she was supposed to be the fearless one between her and Niall.

Right now, Niall seemed to be the one in charge as he guided her along. He was right behind Bruce, one of their bodyguards.

There were a lot of questions, but she really couldn’t hear any distinct sentences. Everything was jumbled up in her head, and she felt like she was being pushed around a lot.

“Get in, Kol,” Niall said in a commanding voice as the black SUV was finally in view.

She slid into the vehicle first before Niall got in next to her.

The back opened so that security could put in the luggage. More flashes came from paps that tried to get some photos of them from the back. Kol looked down at the floor of the car as she tried to ignore the people at the window, taking more photos. The camera flashes would have been blinding if she hadn’t put on the sunglasses.

Finally, the car finally moved forward, and sped up so that the paparazzi and fans couldn’t catch up.

“You okay, love?” Niall said, wrapping an arm around her and looking down at her. Kol hadn’t realized that she had been holding her breath. She let out a long exhale and took off her sunglasses.

“Fine,” she said weakly as she smiled. “You seem to have overcome your fear there.”

“I couldn’t let anyone touch you like that,” Niall said, looking pissed off. “He just grabbed your arm out of nowhere.”

She really got scared about that. She actually got dragged and her sleeves got pulled until Niall intervened. They had flown out to LA for an awards show that the boys were attending. Niall and Kol had only followed them out now, while the other four went ahead.

When they got to the hotel, there were screaming fans right in front. Niall was too tired from jetlag and didn’t have the same gusto when it came to greeting them. He merely held out his arms, and he was half-pulled in as they grabbed whatever part they could get.

Both bodyguards had to pull him away from the screaming fans, and Niall then made sure to keep a safe distance this time as he held out his hand.

Kol did not make this mistake, as she continued on forward without bothering to interact with them except for a few pained smiles that she tried putting up. She was just too exhausted and she was in a bad mood.

“Hello, babe,” Eleanor said fondly as Kol and Niall entered the suite, with their bags in a trolley behind them. Eleanor stood up and hugged the both of them.

Kol felt like a doll whenever she was with Danielle and Eleanor. The two of them were best friends of hers, and they got along, but there were these tendencies where they liked to dress her up and parade her around in what they chose. Of course, ever since Dani and Liam broke up, she couldn’t be around all the time like before.