Chapter 24

Don't forget to comment and vote!! I dedicate my stories to whoever I see on my comments and my feed <3 It'd be great for a follow too, so that it's easier to dedicate stuff, and you can keep track of my updates!

Enjoy!

~

“Can you please keep them away for even just thirty minutes before they go jumping out and teasing us?” Kol pleaded Eleanor and Harry as she was stirring the last bits of dinner. She had been planning this just because she wanted to have good friends around, but still had a private moment with Niall.

“Sure, but they will eventually go over to your side, what with the trampoline and the bonfire being at that area,” Harry said, giving his assurance.

Candles had been essential. She had everyone in on it except for Niall. Everyone had pitched in to help, from Andy and Maz distracting Niall so he could stay away from the place, and to Harry and Louis helping her with the picnic dinner. Liam and Eleanor offered to shape the candles in the shape of the four-leaf clover. The rest of the girls went ahead and set up the picnic setting. Everything was going good.

It was just they were all so excited that it would take quite a bit of convincing to have them not watching while Kol did that romantic gesture.

Eleanor was looking out the window and smiled. “All right! They finished lighting the clover. We’re set if you’re ready. Harry and I will finish putting out the food for you. Don’t worry. We won’t be eating any of it.”

“You eventually will be having it. It’s not like we didn’t cook for all of us anyway,” Kol said, knowing that Eleanor was just being all coy.

“Right you are, now go along before Niall just stumbles across it.”

Kol exited the kitchen, going over to the bungalow, where some of them were staying, drinking some shandies before dinner. She combed her hair a few times and put some face powder on. She had been slaving in the kitchen, after all.

“Seen Niall?” she asked Anna.

Anna grinned knowingly. “Yeah. I heard Andy saying that they would bring him over to the pool.”

“Well damn. Hopefully they didn’t push him into the pool,” Kol said, raising her hands up in exasperation.

Heading over to the pool, she saw Niall jamming with Zayn, Louis, Andy and Maz.

“Nialler, can you help me with something please?” she asked sweetly, going over to him and holding his hand, rendering his need to stop strumming.

“Now, shorty?” Niall said, looking like he wasn’t quite ready to leave the group, but standing up anyway.

“Yeah sorry,” she said, kissing him on the cheek, hoping that he would pick up on that. He kind of did, and the other boys starting teasing them with “Ohhh, someone’s getting lucky!” or “Yiii!”

She started leading the way to that little patch of garden that Harry said would be the best view to see the stars and have a picnic.

Niall started slowing down once he saw the candles.

Everything was laid out just as Kol envisioned it. The picnic basket was there, with candles laid out everywhere, but with a cluster of candles at one side with a four-leaf clover. A slow acoustic version of “Haven’t Met You Yet” was slowly playing in the background.

“What’s the occasion?” Niall said, smiling slightly.

She pulled him in so that her hands were on his shoulders and his hands were on his waist. She started rocking from side to side so that they were dancing under the moonlight. “Nothing. I just felt like doing it.”

“You don’t need anything big from me, do you?” Niall said jokingly.

“Well, there is…” she said suggestively. “Just kidding.”

“What an ego-booster, shorty!” Niall grinned, kissing her on the lips. “You put them up to distracting me, didn’t you?”

“That obvious?”

“Yes, and it’s a bit unfair.”

Kol then heard a soft, but distinct rumble. “Haven’t eaten yet, lucky one?”

“Well they did keep me away for quite a bit.”

“That’s because I was cooking dinner and they didn’t want to make it too obvious,” she said, going over to sit on the grass. “I made sure not to put in any rabbit food, just for you.”

Niall looked overwhelmed. “This is a lot better than any of the gifts you gave, shorty.”

“Better than the first one I ever gave you?”

“Back when we still weren’t together? The shoes? No, that was savage, probably not as good, but this really still tops the Natalie Portman recording.”

“Really, why? Do I have to get you a Demi Lovato one?” she teased, knowing, just like the rest of the world, about his crush on the singer. She handed him over a pint. They weren’t much for champagne. Strong beer was always the way to go.

“That would have been nice,” Niall allowed, taking the pint and smiling. “No. This is much better, because I have my girl at the place before it all started. Plus, she’s getting me pints and lighting candles and being romantic. Not a lot of lads back home can say that about their girls.”

“Yeah well. I didn’t want you to do all the work,” Kol said, lying down on the picnic mat. She suddenly felt a wave of exhaustion hit her. There had been so many things going on. She had Paris fashion week next week. She would be walking the runway for the first time for three different designers. Other than that, she had just debuted her collection in the London fashion week a few weeks prior. Now, she had been worrying about the opening of her store before she would fly out to Paris right after. It was pretty serious stuff. It seemed like the designers had overlooked her height and went ahead and looked to her fame, which was one of the main reasons why they took her. She had been walking runways for other brands, but only because of her name and she was representing the brand. It wasn’t like Karlie Kloss who actually had runways because they liked her look, regardless of her fame. This had been the first weekend off that she had time to relax.

“Thank you.” He leant on his elbows, leaning down and kissing her on the nose.

“Can we come out now?” Louis’ voice penetrated the silence and the sound of One Republic’s ‘Lullaby’ wafting from the outdoor speakers.

Kol grinned as she leant back on the mat and said, “Yes Louis. You and everyone else can come out now, and if anyone else wants out of the closet, now would be the opportune time to do it as well.”

Louis came bounding out of his hiding place and tapped her lightly on the head.

“I think I would like to admit to coming out of the closet,” Andy joked, raising his hand and striking a pose.

“Can’t rely on you guys to keep quiet, can I?” Kol said, handing out pints to everyone who had gone around and sat in a circle. “Shall we start singing Kumbaya everyone? Seems fitting.”

“I’ve got Niall’s guitar here!” Josh said, taking a space and sitting down on the grass.

“Perfect,” Niall said, taking the guitar. “But you will have to feed my, shorty.”

“Feed yourself,” Kol said, greedily, taking some barbecue from the basket.

“You guys had to go and ruin the moment,” Niall grumbled as everyone started clinking glasses and making googly eyes at him.