Chapter 22

I've been inconsistent for the past few months, but I'm trying to change, I swear! Hihi. I'm back and trying to stay updated here on Wattpad!

Don't forget to vote and comment! It really matters a lot to me :)

~

“Hold up, Marissa,” Niall said, staggering a few steps to get away from the girl. She had just tried to lean in and plant one on him. “Are you for real?”

“She doesn’t deserve you Niall,” Marissa said, her ego bruised as she looked down at the floor. He had just said goodnight and was about to turn to leave when she held onto his shoulder and pulled him forward.

It was a good thing Niall hadn’t been spacing out or she might’ve taken the opportunity. “What, and you do?”

“Of course I do! I know you. I know what you like and don’t like. I know your mannerisms and how you tick. One thing I know is that you won’t hold her attention for too long, Niall. Girls like that will eventually go for someone who she thinks is better and who she won’t worry about anything.”

“What makes you so different, Marissa, going after me at the time you do?” Niall said coldly. He rarely brought up his fame or money, because he didn’t want to think of himself as a big deal, but he was best aware of the people who were just using him as opposed to the people who had been with him ever since. “Just because you broke up with your boyfriend, you think that we’re going to happen? It was your decision to stick with him, and I respected that. Now that I found someone who makes me feel great, you go and try to break us up?”

“You’re wrong for each other Niall. You say you don’t need sex from her, but you already cheated on her once because of it. Stop trying to act all righteous, because I’m not buying it,” she said vehemently.

“That’s none of your business, Marissa. The opportunity for it to be your business is long gone. Whatever it is you’re plotting, stop. You’re trying to make me doubt Kol? It won’t work.” Niall straightened his cap. The face he had on was one that was very rare, since it took quite a lot before he could get rattled or annoyed.

“You’ll regret saying that to me once she leaves you,” Marissa said, unlocking her door and closing it behind her.

Niall shook his head in disbelief and took the elevator to get to the lobby. He needed to get back to the flat. He had left Marissa with Kol that one time. When Niall had asked Kol what they did, she kept it simple and said that Marissa needed to leave because of reasons. Kol had seemed uptight about the subject, now that Niall thought about it.

When he got home, he found Kol outside, smoking a cigarette. That was an unusual sight, what with her trying to quit ever since her incident.

“What’s wrong?” Niall said delicately.

“How was your day with Marissa?” she said, avoiding the subject.

“Poo poo,” Niall said simply.

She smiled over her shoulder. “She really needs to work on her subtlety.”

“Enough about her. She doesn’t matter one bit. She’s just another one of those who I thought were my friends. Let’s get back to your issue and why you’re smoking again.”

“I told my parents.”

“And…?”

“They weren’t thrilled about it, but they sent their congratulations.”

That made Niall pause. “What do you mean by ‘they weren’t thrilled about it’?”

She blew a thin stream of smoke through her mouth and it didn’t look like she was bothering to reply at all.