Chapter 2

“Sharpie,” Maria said, handing her the marker as they neared the theater.

With her growing fame, Kol had more people going to events with her, making sure she didn’t make a blunder or say the wrong thing. She had Maria and John always around, as well as Anya, in case she needed retouches. There were always an extra one or two people around, but Kol wasn’t sure what they were for. It seemed that she needed an entourage now.

The boys were all put together in a separate car behind her, and right in front of her now was her co-star getting out of the car as he waved. He was the rich playboy heir in the movie. She could see Aiden waving at the photographers and signing a few autographs.

The car moved forward and headed toward the drop-off point.

Maria was the one who got off first, just so there wouldn’t be any unseemly photos just in case there was a wardrobe malfunction for Kol’s dress. So far, it was long enough that she could get out the car without showing anyone what brand of underwear she was wearing.

From behind her, she felt John fixing something from her dress. She loved backless details, which was why most of her photos required her looking over her shoulder as well so people could see the back.

Once she stepped off, she smiled to the cameras and the fans. There were barricades so that the people wouldn’t be flowing in. Kol stopped to sign the things that were flung in her way. She also stopped to have photographs with a few of them.

There were a few that she hugged and thanked for being there. Kol wasn’t even aware of the video cameras that were on her.

John had to keep her moving forward as a stream of other celebrities stepped out for the red carpet.

He stopped her right in front of an interviewer and she smiled and exchanged greetings with him.

“I super love what you’re wearing! Is it a new designer again?”

Kol laughed. “Thank you! No, actually. Ran out of time, so I had a few of my designer friends send some dresses that I requested that were available in the New York boutiques. Roberto Cavalli tonight.”

“What about your shoes?’

“The shoes are actually from a flea market in Barcelona.” The interviewer looked like he wouldn’t believe what she just said, so she laughed. “No, really! It is! Sometimes great finds aren’t about the price. It’s about the way you carry it. You just need to have a good eye out for great finds in any place.”

“Well, if you hadn’t told me about where you got it, I would’ve assumed it cost over a thousand dollars,” he said. “So…your first movie. What was it like on set? Was Aiden great to work with? You know there are plenty of rumors that he had a really big crush on you and couldn’t wait to work with you when he found out that you were going to be part of the cast.”

“That’s a lie, since I know very well that Aiden had a crush on the trainer of that dog we had on set,” Kol joked. It seemed she could get away with not answering the question at all if she joked in interviews. “He will even admit that. Hold on. I can see him. Let’s call him.”

Aiden was just a few feet away and had finished an interview and Kol called him over. He waved and said hello as they kissed each other on the cheek.

“Nice to see you here!” Aiden said, putting his hand on the small of her back as the looked at the interviewer.

“Aiden, tell them all about your crush on Milly’s trainer,” Kol smiled sneakily. How would the interviewer know that the trainer was actually a fifty year-old man? His research would only probably be verified after this interview was over. She couldn’t resist just having a little bit of fun.

Aiden caught up with her in a heartbeat. “Yeah, with that gorgeous mane of blonde hair. I couldn’t keep my eyes off.”

“So I heard you had a little kissing scene in there?”

Aiden and Kol looked at each other and then back at their interviewer. “Yeah. I had to stand and not respond, since that was my character, and she was just waiting for him to pull away, before asking if he was done so that she could go over the schedule with him, but that’s pretty much it.”

“Can’t I ask if she was a good kisser then?”

“She has very soft lips,” Aiden said. “Well, I couldn’t really tell, since she was directed not to kiss me back and just stand there, but I have to say that it wasn’t a terrible experience. Who can say that they’ve kissed Kol Vicencio, right?”

“I know you’re single,” the interviewer told Aiden, but then turned to Kol after, “but I know you’ve got a boyfriend, who is actually here right now, if I’m not mistaken. Was he jealous when he found out about your kissing scene?”

“Shush. He doesn’t know about that and he might hear us,” Kol staged whispered. She looked over her shoulder and saw that Niall and the boys were making their way down the carpet.

She turned back to the camera and said, “No. I’m totally joking. He knows about it.”

“He was actually on set while we shot it,” Aiden said.

“He was very frustrated actually. He kept shouting that I had to kiss him with more passion and don’t mind that he was there. He didn’t seem to get that the director wanted me to be as still as a mannequin.” Kol laughed at the memory. “He had a scolding for that, since you could hear his voice in the background of the scene,” she laughed in between talking as she tapped Aiden’s chest repeatedly, reminding him.

“Then I think our director realized who he was scolding, and seemed to forget that his daughters were fans of Kol’s boyfriend. George ended up asking for an autograph and photo right after he just screamed at him.” Aiden laughed.

“We’ll be sure to watch out for any signs of shouting in the background during that scene then,” the interviewer said, seeing that John had looked at his watch and needed to usher them forward. “Thank you. You two have been charming and beautiful.”

“Enjoy your night,” Kol said, smiling as she waved to the camera.

After half an hour of trying to get through the interviews and cameras, Kol didn’t care what John said and went over to Niall and the boys, who were all posing for the cameras, looking dashing as they had their arms around each other.

Discreetly, she grabbed Niall’s bum and squeezed in between him and Liam. “Hello boys.”

“We were wondering when you’d show up,” Liam said. They all grinned for the cameras and tried looking at every single one, but it was disconcerting, with all the flashing lights.

“Having any fun yet?” Niall said, lowering his head so that he could whisper in her ear. He put an arm around her waist and put his other hand in his pocket as they walked on forward.

Kol shrugged. “Normal.”

“You want to trade shoes?”

“I might dabble in that if you urge me enough.”

“One time offer, but since you didn’t take it…”

They stopped sometimes to reach over the barricades to sign some thing for a fan before moving forward again. There were a few more interviews. Some of them, the boys hung back and waited for her to finish.

It was actually quite a relief to finally enter the theater to watch the movie. Her feet had started to hurt again from standing for that long interval on the red carpet. John had someone come in to give her heels that were just two inches high and were soft for her feet. In some ways, she was glad that she had more people to worry about things that she had forgotten.

She had been seated with the producers and actors in the movie. That was good. It meant that she wouldn’t have to hear the boys jeering whenever she was on.

 ~

Guys, sorry, but if this doesn't get feedback, I won't be continuing this. Really busy and I only did this in the first place because there were requests for it :) Don't get me wrong, I would love writing this regardless of the views, but writing really takes a lot of my time and I write extra requests only because of my readers. Vote and comment and I hope you liked it.