Chapter 54

After months of planning, talking on the phone, compromising, traveling and tasting, it finally came. Wedding day. Somehow, twenty-three years old seemed a big difference from being twenty-two. It made it seem like they knew what they were doing, like they were certain.

They had the rehearsal dinner two nights ago. She had her bachelorette party last night. Her sister almost had to drag her out of bed just to have her on time for makeup. For some reason, wedding makeup took an hour and a half to do. Given, she had asked for airbrushing, which was a lot more expensive and made sure that the remnants of last night didn’t appear on her face.

Her family had flown in a week before. The rest of the guests had been flown in three days before the wedding. Everything was going great. They got to look around Mullingar and enjoy the place. They got to enjoy the hotel amenities. Niall and some of the boys even got to play golf.

But damn, she was nervous. She really was nervous. As much as she tried posing and acting delicate for the photos and videos, her mind really wasn’t focused.

She hadn’t seen Niall since yesterday. You’d think after being used to the long distance thing, she would have been used to not seeing him. The thing was, it was more difficult staying away, knowing that he was only a few floors down from her. Her friends kept her away though. She wasn’t even allowed to phone him or talk to him. Her sister made sure of that and she had roomed with her until today.

Kol didn’t have her phone with her.

“You can have it at the reception,” Stella said, tucking it into her pocket. “No business or worries. This is your day. I won’t allow you to get stressed out. Besides, Camille will be at the reception with Jay, John and Maria. They’re really all the people you need to talk to, right?”

Now, Kol found her hands idle, too idle. This was probably the only time in nearly five years that she wasn’t doing anything or worrying.

The bridesmaids were in the room now, all dressed and ready to help Kol into her dress, just for the photos.

Her bridesmaids were Ara, Julia, Palma and Reese. Kol’s best model friend, Kol’s best friend from high school, best friend in college and her favorite cousin, consecutively. They had all gotten to know each other for the past week, since the entourage was flown in earlier so that they could get to know each other. It was pretty simple who Niall’s groomsmen were. Of course it would be Zayn, Liam, Harry and Louis.

Ara was so used to it, slipping on the dress on Kol without any delay. It looked so smooth on the video that they didn’t even need a second shot of it.

Stella put on the veil and kissed Kol on the cheek.

Kol purposefully didn’t look at any of the mirrors in the room. The director of photography told her where to go and what to pose with. Kol went by the window, with a faint smile on her lips as she looked out.

Once the video and photo people left the room, along with the bridesmaids, Stella was the only one left in the room.

“You look really beautiful, Kol,” Stella said, her face with evident admiration. “You haven’t even looked at the mirror.”