Chapter 18

I've been on holiday, so sorry if this is late! You'll like this chapter though, promise :) Everything after this will be feel-good and easy. Don't forget to vote and comment please! It helps me write!

Enjoy! See you soon! 

~

Now seemed like a good a time as any.

Niall was nervous. Damn. Why wouldn’t he be? This could go any way, and if it didn’t go how he wanted it to go, maybe the two of them really weren’t meant to be together. It was sort of sad how his own basis of whether or not he was good enough for her was still decided on her. He would always put Kol first.

“Where are we going?” she said, smiling even under her blindfold. “This is weird. You’ve never done anything like this before.”

“Yeah well. I have a lot to make up for now,” Niall replied, watching the landscape change from city to grassy fields.

“How long is this going to take?” Kol persisted. “My head sort of hurts from how tight the blindfold is wrapped around.”

“Kol…it’s a sleeping mask. It has a garter on it.”

“Damn. I thought that would work.”

“I really hope you don’t think that I’m that stupid, shorty.”

That really had a nice ring to it. He hadn’t called her that in what felt like such a long time.

It took an hour before they got to where he wanted to be. Kol had fallen asleep on the way, so there wasn’t much conversation, except for with the driver that Niall hired for that day. Nice fellow. A bit gruff, but he was a football fan just like Niall, so they got along well enough.

“What…?” Kol said groggily as Niall gently shook her awake. He was tempted to just carry her out of the car so that she could wake up to his surprise.

No. He wanted her to have the full experience.

“Just a little walk.”

She ventured uncertainly and nearly jumped on him as she felt what she was stepping on. “Where the hell did you just take me?”

“You’ll see in a bit. Come on. Don’t be such a baby.”

At that, she was a lot faster with her pace, albeit nearly tripping on her way the whole time, since she had no clue where she was headed in the first place.

She started to freak out when the terrain was different. Niall tried to suppress his laughter but ended up failing. He signaled one of the guys that he hired if anything went wrong and stepped in.

“Okay. You can remove your suffocating blindfold now,” Niall said, taking it off himself, slowly lifting it so that his eyes would be the first thing she would see.