Chapter 38

“What are they still doing here?” Kol pointed her thumb over her shoulder as she sat down on the armchair nearer Jerry. The lads were still on the giant sofa, not moving an inch as she was introduced into the room.

“Well, they wanted to see the jeans and shirt,” Jerry said. The audience laughed. Actually, the audience was laughing all the while, Kol just didn’t notice inside the backstage room.

“Poor Nikki, backstage all alone!” Kol said, looking at the television.

“I’m sure Nikki’s doing all right inside alone, aren’t you, Nikki?” Jerry said, looking at the camera to indicate that he was talking to Nikki. Nikki gave thumbs up and a big smile.

“So I heard you had this new campaign for men out for your line Adre?” Jerry said, getting to the point of why she was here, aside from marketing herself.

“Have you seen it?” Kol asked, making him talk about it for her, so that it wasn’t a biased opinion from the creator. “The last of the ads was released a week ago.”

“I saw the one of these boys,” Jerry said, pointing to One Direction, “and those ones of Asher and Milo. It was really nice. I ended up ringing a friend of mine from the UK to get me something from there.”

“I’ll make sure to have something sent for you then,” Kol said, glad that this was the reaction he gave.

“But the ads were really great though. You’ve got all these big names from different countries and different industries. I end up always hearing something about your line. It’s so new, but I heard the opening was insane!”

“I was as surprised as you are,” Kol genuinely said. “All my store branches had the release of that line on the same day and it was full. There was a long line waiting outside. I didn’t realize that boys had that kind of patience for shopping.”

“Or maybe they were just hoping if they could glimpse you in one of the shops and get a kiss like this,” Jerry twirled around to look at the photo of the Niall ad, where she was kissing him on the cheek. “I see you two are well-acquainted.”

“Fairly,” Kol smiled, giving a long glance at Niall, who ended up laughing and whispering something to the boys.

“I heard you were going out or something like that,” Jerry continued to tease.

“Yeah me too,” Liam said. His microphone was still on, apparently.

Kol just smiled mysteriously and said, “Something like that.”

Niall hit Harry briefly on the arm and he said, “What? I’m not saying anything!” Harry must’ve done or looked a certain way that Kol didn’t see.

“But are you in New York for business?” Jerry said, steering her back to the topic. One Direction wasn’t talking much because this was Kol’s interview now, not theirs. They had just chosen to sit in and were allowed to stay, even when they should’ve gone to the backstage room.