Chapter 34

“Thank you for your time. I look forward to working with you in the future,” Kol said as she put down the phone.

She had a makeshift office in the house. If Niall had his music room, then she had her own place to work at home, especially when she was too lazy to go to the office.

Niall and her had finally talked when she got home after the fitting. His head had cooled down and had actually thought about what he was saying, as opposed to when he just blurted things out and didn’t mean them. That was probably what happened when they were fighting. They had negotiated with how many shoots she was going to. She was only allowed to go to three. One was obviously theirs, and the other two were shoots with the guys that had said yes to the campaign and were friends with the boys. Niall would have someone to keep an eye on her even when Meath Evans was around.

Those three would be the first three shoots lined up, with the first one with the One Direction boys. She had already talked to management. She was entitled to a group shot as well now, and not just solos. The boys had managed to convince them to take half off their usual fee for endorsements. Niall couldn’t possible take money from his own girlfriend…fiancé.

The boys couldn’t have her hold it over their heads either that she was going to be their employer and they had to do as she said. With half the price, they could afford not to feel too guilty.

Kol went back to her sketch designs. It was easier to draw RTW stuff. She just needed a little muse to keep her going. It was tough to keep designing new things, and make sure the cuts and fabric were under the budget.

Right now, she was selecting colors for certain designs.

There were different swatches that she had brought in from Camille earlier this morning.

Niall was working with the boys right now, and she didn’t know what time he would get home. She didn’t expect him to be too late though. She checked her watch and was surprised at the time.

It was nearly ten in the evening. That was clearly too late for Niall to not be home on a Tuesday night.

She checked her phone. He had been texting her, but she hadn’t heard since it was on silent. Well, that wasn’t good.

Kol was about to text back when she heard the groan of a car out front.

She crept out of the room to go and wait for him to enter.

Once through the doors though, he looked like he had a lot on his mind and kept going toward the kitchen. He didn’t seem to notice her. She couldn’t blame him. She hadn’t turned on the lights and she stayed in the shadows.

There was something wrong with that face.

She crept slowly toward the kitchen.

He had just taken a beer from the fridge and was at the counter, taking off his cap and running his hands through his hair. He took a sip from the bottle and put his head in his hands, as if frustrated.