Chapter 16

Finally had the time to edit this a little bit, but sorry if the proofreading is crappy and I forgot some things. In the middle of writing a paper right now, but I thought to update this since I usually update it after updating Incognito :) Hope you like this!

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow! It really helps and I really appreciate it! It motivates me and I end up updating a lot faster too. Hehehehe. 

~

Niall Horan and Kol Vicencio Spotted at Football Match. Reconciliation?

The two have been keeping mum about the status of their relationship ever since the news of Horan’s indiscretion came out a few months ago. Neither party gave a statement about the affair, and they had been separated regardless if they broke up due to his tour with One Direction. There had been reports of Vicencio looking for a house in London, but her publicist had not addressed if she was looking for one to move into because of the split.

Several photos of one of their first public appearances together at a football match last week make it appear that they have gotten back together – if they hadn’t broken up to begin with. The two looked cozy together as they cheered for the same team, with Vicencio even wearing one of Horan’s caps. Vicencio, who is known for her impeccable taste in fashion, even left her designer dresses to wear what looked like a matching baseball shirt to go with Horan’s. Do we smell a reunion in the air?

-

Niall was in a corner of the room, strumming on his guitar as he waited for the game on the PS3 to load. A few of his mates had just left, as it was 1AM and he personally wanted some time alone with Kol. It would be the first time they would be completely alone without any people around. The first night, they had a bit of a party and so many people just ended up staying over since they were too smashed to really get home. The second night, they went to that football match with some of their friends, and it was their turn to stay over someone’s house.

Niall wanted to see just how much he and Kol had actually improved over the past few weeks of being civil to each other and slowly getting back to the old ways. He was desperate to have her back.

He was watching her right now, as she collected the empty plates and glasses that were all over the room. She had learned to tidy up more while he had been gone.

When he offered if he could help with the chores, she put her hands on his shoulders and kept him seated. “Stay there and relax. I can handle this by myself.”

It wasn’t really a reassuring statement, but Niall went ahead and powered on the PS3.

Once the game loaded, he took the controller and started playing, leaving the guitar on the adjacent chair. That went on for about twenty minutes while Kol continued washing the dishes.

After washing the dishes, she went over to the bathroom and ran a bath for Niall. She put in loads of bath gel in it so that the bubbles would be in abundance, just like he liked it. It wasn’t as if she ran his bath all the time, but they rarely had chill times like this. She wanted to do something normal.

Kol wanted to feel normal with him again.

This simple thing from her just made her think of the days before she found out about the cheating. It didn’t change who he was. It didn’t change what they had for the past year. It just changed just how she saw him.

She had been working hard so that she could erase it from her mind. Kol just wanted a healthy view of her relationship. She didn’t want to feel any hate or hurt anymore. Knowing that Niall was there in the living room playing the PS3 was strangely comforting.

It was just like what any couple would do on a weekend. They could stay in, have pizza and just chill out. Normal seemed nice. They were both away from the media and drama right now.

She switched the tap just a little, so that it would fill up slowly and that it would take about an hour before it would be full.

Kol went out of the bathroom and leant on the doorframe to just watch Niall for a few seconds.

He wasn’t laughing like he usually was. He had on a straight face and was in pure concentration while playing. His hair was in disarray and the roots were poking out a bit. Kol was glad to have him around again.

He had been so distracted with his game that he hadn’t noticed when she sidled in next to him with a bowl of vanilla ice cream and two spoons inside it. From one distraction, he suddenly got distracted by her as she put one of her legs on top of his knee and kept her head on his shoulder.

He hadn’t been this close to her in quite a while, and this was voluntary from her.

He put his arm around her slowly, hoping that she wouldn’t flinch at his touch. On the contrary, she snuggled even closer, getting a spoonful of ice cream and smiling up at him as she fed him.

He grabbed the back of her head and pushed her face close enough so that he could kiss her forehead. “Thank you, Cub.”

Kol didn’t need to ask what that was for.

It was one of those quiet moments of theirs, when they didn’t really feel like talking.

They were so used to each other. It was unnerving.

He did still have his sweet moments that caught her off-guard though. One time, when she was still in the hospital and they were out, meaning that there was only one bodyguard with her, he sent her a stream of texts while she was asleep. It seemed that he realized that she wasn’t awake yet, and so he kept texting.

It went like this:

Babe.

And then onto the next one and the next one and so on:

Babe. Wake up.

Wake up babe!!!! I miss you!!!

Wake up. Wake up. I want to talk to you.

I miss you.

If you don’t wake up, no kiss for you.

Just kidding. I’ll kiss you when you do.

So wake up babe! Please call me!

Deadly bored here without you. Wake up!

It was sweet and amusing when Kol woke up and read through the messages. She called him right back, but unfortunately, he must have been needed at that moment, because no one answered and she went straight to voice mail.

He seemed to really be disappointed in missing her call, and he couldn’t wait to get back to her, so right when the show was over, he had called her right back immediately. It was so immediate that he had just put the phone on speaker and she could hear everyone in the dressing room and really couldn’t understand a thing that Niall was saying, since somewhere between the conversations, one of the boys throttled him, ending in the disconnection of the call. Niall was smart enough not to call back again.

She just knew that this was the right time to keep silent and enjoy what peace she had with Niall now. This was probably going to be as good as it was going to get for the moment.