Chapter 29

E! True Hollywood Story just made a One Direction story as a whole. Not only that, but the boys each had a one hour special about their own lives, which would be broadcasted consecutively for five Saturdays, and on the sixth Saturday, after the One Direction two-hour special was released. And then, there would be one Saturday that it would be seven hours of just the One Direction segments playing for a marathon.

Harry’s had come first. There had even been a special segment that naturally included Kol, because everyone loved a scandal. Kol could have potentially been One Direction’s Yoko Ono. They were watching the replay of everything.

She actually was visiting Harry when it came on the television. Niall had gone to Ireland for a brief visit, and she had too much work going on, so she couldn’t go with him that time.

Harry had just been getting popcorn so that they could have a laugh while watching the take on their lives. E! would have gotten more of an exclusive, and had more intimate details, since it was an exposé and the uncovered semi-truth. They had been paid very well for it, and in return, they had agreed to a few one-on-one interviews that were recorded.

While videos and photos of Harry and Kol were being shown on-screen, the woman robot commentator was saying, “After a few months, Harry and Kol had started dating and coming to multiple events together.”

And then, one of the people they knew showed, as he was being interviewed. It was Will, one of the managers from One Direction’s management. “The thing about Kol was that she had a certain charm and charisma about her that just drew everyone in. No one could really blame Harry, but there really was a little bit of tension, because she and Niall hadn’t ended on bad terms.”

Andy suddenly showed on, with the label: One Direction’s mate. “I don’t think there was anything wrong with it. That sort of thing happens to other people. It just seemed worse for them all because people had seen the difference between Niall and Kol, and Kol and Harry.”

“Why did you go for her, even when you knew that she was your mate’s ex?” the interviewer had asked Harry then.

Harry stared at the interviewer, who was off-camera, for a few seconds before he smiled slowly and sheepishly. “She was one of my best mates,” he said simply, his shoulder going up a bit as he rubbed his hands together.

“You love her?”

Harry blinked once, and nodded a little. It was such a small movement, and he wasn’t smiling. He looked a little sad.

“When did this interview happen?” Kol asked, shoving some popcorn into her mouth.

“I’m not sure. I think a few months ago. They said to make the emotions a bit parallel to what I was feeling at the time of what topic they were talking about, since the individual specials are sort of like a timeline.”

“Aww, but I don’t like it when you look sad,” Kol said, raising her wrist and showing him her matching bracelet of his.

“Please,” Harry said, rolling his eyes. “You did realize you just caught a girl sneaking out of the house when you arrived, right?”