Chapter 48

“I don’t want Cub to go.”

“Aww, but Lux you’ll see her when we get back,” Lou said, pinching Lux’s cheek and giving her a kiss.

Lux was currently on Kol’s lap. Baby wasn’t such a baby now. Lux was fast growing and was learning a lot about the English language. Lux kept her hands around Kol’s neck. She started calling Kol Cub, since it was more difficult for her to pronounce Kol when she was a baby. Cub was easier, and she heard it more when it came out of the boys’ mouths. Most of the crew started calling her Cub as well without even noticing anymore.

“I’d bring you with me if I could Luxie,” Kol smiled, whispering melodramatically in Lux’s ear. “But I can’t. Your mother will miss you too much.”

They were in a car on the way to the airport. Kol had said goodbye to the rest of the people back at the arena. The boys had a show and Lou opted to see her off with Lux, since she had finished hair and makeup to the boys. Niall wanted to bring her to the airport, but the managers wouldn’t let him miss the show, obviously.

“Thanks for helping with hair and makeup earlier, Cub,” Lou said, leaning back and looking at her. “I did need the help. I can’t believe they ended interviews so late.”

“It wasn’t a problem,” Kol replied, “since I see you do it to them a lot, so I just learned. It’s not that different from women’s makeup.”

“You got any of those sandwiches you whipped up earlier?” Lou asked. “I can’t believe they let you in the hotel kitchen, to be quite honest.”

“Yeah, I needed to start doing something with my hands,” Kol said, putting her hand over Lux’s tiny face to distract the child. “It was so early in the morning and everyone was asleep. I went down and asked if I could cook breakfast.”

“And then I can’t believe some early morning guests got all excited when they saw you coming out of the kitchen with sandwiches in those translucent cases and thought that you were working there for something…” Lou said, wiping off some chocolate that was on Lux’s lips, as she was eating some. “This one’s going to be awake all night… I can’t believe the situations that you get yourself in. It was so funny how someone asked what you were doing there and ended up asking for you to cook for them with extra pay.”

“It was nice of the hotel to give me the additional cash though,” Kol said. “I didn’t intend for it to be anything, and it ended up into a charity thing for me again.”

“Hey, you raised about two hundred fifty in a span of two hours just making simple breakfast. That’s pretty impressive how much people would pay just to have you cook their eggs and bacon.”

“It was funny the look on everyone’s faces when they went down for breakfast though and saw me coming out with plates of food.”

“I know. You were a cook and a waitress,” Lou said, raising her eyebrows slightly and smiling subtly. “I think Louis got confused with stripper, since he hung some bills onto the waistband of your jeans.”

“Well, that money I used to get a chocolate croissant at the hotel bakeshop,” Kol said.