Chapter 42

Christmas in Mullingar had involved a lot of spending quality time with family and friends. Kol’s family knew Niall’s family, and they seemed to get on really well, especially with Bobby, Niall’s dad. Bobby was a good laugh, and it was evident where Niall got his sense of humor.

Niall and Kol also met up with Maura and Niall’s stepdad. They had lunch a few times, and on Christmas day.

The week when they were in Mullingar though, everyday was a night out with Niall’s friends as well. After spending the day with the family, the two of them would end up at a a pub or club, just drinking and getting drunk. They would end up with headaches in the morning, and the cycle would repeat.

On Christmas morning, they had all opened presents at Niall’s place, where Kol’s parents and sister went to from the hotel. Niall and Kol made Christmas breakfast as well, with the more elaborate dishes taken from local restaurants.

They ended up with too much food left, and it lasted for about three days more, which was fine, since their flight back to London was on the 28th anyway.

There really wasn’t much to say about Christmas in Mullingar, since it was just like every Christmas that they spent there when they were together. Kol always flew her family out and they got to spend Christmas just the way they wanted it, with newer stories and more laughs each year.

By the time the 28th rolled around, they were very sorry to leave. Kol’s family would be flying back home direct from there, so they had to say their goodbyes at the airport.

Kol and Niall had to get back to London in time to do their dare though. It was for charity. They had been asked to do something silly that people hadn’t seen them do yet, if people had bid enough money to accumulate into a goal amount.

Different celebrities were going to do different dares, only if the goal amount was reached. The amount could be paid by anyone, and wasn’t just a sort of bidding system where one person paid. With this charity event, anyone could just put in one quid and it would add to the desired goal, and then someone else could add more.

If the goal wasn’t met, the celebrities would be paying for it instead, but they wouldn’t be doing the dare.

It was a worldwide foundation that would have the proceeds go to getting kids to school.

On the New Year’s Eve, Kol had volunteered to serve at the soup kitchen for the homeless in the city. No one from her management asked her to do it because it would make her look good. She just genuinely wanted to volunteer because she had been so blessed for the past few years and the least she could do was give her efforts once in a while, and not just donations. She was only assigned there from 7-10PM anyway, so it wasn’t as if it would take up her New Year.

She would still be able to catch up to parties that she and Niall were invited to.

Going back to the charity event, their goal amount (which was pretty steep to begin with) was reached, to their surprise. It wasn’t too embarrassing. Their dare was just to have Niall do Kol’s makeup, and Kol do Niall’s makeup, since videos like this was widely popular on Youtube.