Chapter 31

“I’m so glad to see you again Kol!” Meath exclaimed as soon as Kol entered the meeting room again. He had apparently just gotten in and was about to take a seat when she did. “It’s been years.”

He kissed the part of her cheek that was dangerously close to her lips and grinned at her.

“You two know each other?” Cynthia said, obviously confused.

“I worked with him at a few shoots before,” Kol said crisply, getting back to her seat. “Good job by the way at getting him. His work is fantastic.”

“She flatters me too much,” he said, taking the seat next to her. It was where Camille was originally seated, but Camille didn’t bring this up, as she took her place at the seat that had been pulled up for him. “Isn’t she adorable? She wasn’t quite this serious back then either.”

“Meath, please not here,” Kol said, with a charming smile. “We have plenty of time to catch up later.”

“I’ll hold you to that,” he said, winking. “Now what’s this shoot about anyway?”

Kol let the marketing and image specialists continue with the discussion. She just remained silent and sat back in her chair. It was good that Meath didn’t shoot glances at her or anything.

She did, however, examine the changes in him physically.

He hadn’t changed much in terms of build and looks. He still had the same chestnut-colored hair that was always in disarray because he never combed through it. He liked simple clothes, meaning usually white shirts and dark jeans. He was wearing that just now, although with a brown aviator jacket with a wool collar. His eyes were the same stunning emerald green. His face was still as chiseled and gaunt as ever.

That was the reason he could get away with simple clothes. He was already good-looking to begin with.

It was his personality that made him rotten.

Right now though, it wasn’t showing. He could be very charming when he wanted to be. Kol could spot a few of her employees eyeing him dreamily, even as the meeting was ongoing.

Meath wasn’t stupid. He knew that they found him very attractive.

Kol didn’t really know how Niall would react if he knew that the ex that he didn’t like was going to work with her for the new campaign. She would obviously have to be at the shoots to make sure that things went well. That meant she would be spending time with Meath. Niall wouldn’t like that, obviously.

After the meeting, Kol quickly ducked out to her office to start on her calls. Not only was she avoiding Meath, but also she genuinely needed to get to work if she wanted the response early. Other than that, she had to schedule the different fittings for gown measurements for the wedding. She had hers today. For her bridesmaids, it wasn’t too easy. Her bridesmaids lived in different countries, so they were free at different times. Some, she had to fly in just to have the measurements taken. She didn’t want an ill-fitting dress for anyone on her entourage. The photos had to look nice.