Chapter 56

“So, you guys must all be wondering why I left Kol there as my first husbandly act,” Niall said at the stage, sitting on a stool for some reason and looking very in his element, “but this is a surprise that I made Emma, our wedding planner keep from her. And I want you all to know that Kol has been so particular with everything that this had to be kept between me, Emma and a few other people that will shortly be with me on stage.”

Kol looked at him from the table. She was directly across the stage and she could feel eyes on her. She didn’t know what he was planning. After they rode back to the hotel together, they got changed in the same room. He had just changed coats and told her that he needed to handle something, and she had been changing into another gown that was simpler this time and easier to walk around and dance in. It was Alexander McQueen this time.

They had the entrance together once the guests were settled in. The entourage, sponsors and everyone that had a part in the ceremony went in partners and they were the last to enter.

As soon as Kol was seated, Niall kissed her on the forehead and told her to wait, before going to the stage and saying what he just did right then.

“Some of you may know this song, and this is actually one of Kol’s all-time favorites, primarily because of the amazing Mr. Ed Sheeran. Come on up Ed!” Niall said, looking over to the side, where Ed had come up the stage with a guitar. “Now, Ed has allowed me to tweak the lyrics to match my beloved new wife. My band mates Harry, Liam, Louis and Zayn have all agreed to serenade her on this lovely occasion. This is for you, shorty.”

The boys all came up the stage. Two sat on either side of Niall so that he was in the middle. Ed was at the right side of the stage, seated lower so that he could comfortable strum at the guitar.

He started.

Kol licked her lips. She knew it already.

“Your hand fits in mine like it’s made just for me,” Zayn pointed at her and then to himself with his thumb as he winked at her. “But bear this in mind it was meant to be. And I’m joining up the dots with the dimples on your cheeks, and it all makes sense to me.”

Liam grinned at her as he sang his verse. “I know you’ve never loved the smallness of your eyes when you smile. You’ve never loved the shortness of your height.” Laughs at that and Kol wanted was semi-hiding under her hand as she looked to her right and the first thing she saw was Eleanor grinning at her. “How you bruise easily, and the secret moles you keep, but I’ll love them endlessly.”

Instead of having just Zayn sing it, all of them sang the chorus. “I won’t let these little things slip out of my mouth. But if I do, it’s you. Oh it’s you they add up to. I’m in love with you, and all these little things.”

Louis waved at her. “You can’t go to bed without a hug from me. And maybe that’s the reason why you find it hard to sleep. And the Skype conversations are the secrets that I keep, until I fall asleep.”

Kol then started to appreciate the lyric changes Niall made once the embarrassment wore off.

“I know you never loved the sun directly on your face,” Harry said, looking at her with an intense look on his eyes, “You never want to know how much you weigh. You just change your look so constantly, but you’re perfect to me.”