Past Christmas(Christmas Special🎄)

(Jungkook pov)

"The sweet fruity smell, of mixed fruit cake, swirled through the packhouse. I wasn't always the biggest fan of the treat but I'd still eat it, especially since I knew how much joy it brings to my mother's heart when she sees me and my sister eating it and enjoying it so much.  Christmas fruit cake was one of the few treats our father used to like. Whether it was with milk or wine, dad loved it more than anyone else in our pack back then." I told him.

(Flashback)

Jungkook: 7

Jennie: 4

_______________

"Mama! Mama..." Whined my younger sister. Jennie tugged and pulled on our mother's lilac floral dress. In her hands, Jennie had two red ribbons, 2 green ones, and 2 white ones. She wanted our mother to put them up in the same cute pigtails her new doll had. "엄마 (Umma), 엄마!"

"Not, now, Jennie, I have to take the cakes out of the oven. Wait." My mother said carefully trying to pull the side of her dress out from Jennie's little hands but of course, Jennie didn't let go. Her grip stayed firm and tight on the side of the dress, her eyes look glossy. Tears. 

"Jennie-" before I could continue my sentence Jennie was lifted high above the ground and off of our mother's side.

"Jennie! You have to be a good girl and wait." Our father's deep loud voice rang through the house.

"PAPA!" Jennie latches onto his neck hugging him, giggling with pure glee. Our father had gone out 2 or 3 hours ago with other hyungs and uncles from our pack to hunt for tonight's Christmas fest. I had asked if I could go but, of course, just like the year before, father ruffled my hair and said I was still too young. He had told me that it'd be best if I stay home and watch after mama, Jennie, and some of the others who had stayed behind. 

"Hello, princess!" He swung her around.

"Be careful you." Umma scolded. 

"Sorry, dear." he kissed her cheek. "Is the cake done?"

"Yes, but, you still can't eat it."

"What?! Why?!" Our father had a soft, deep, loud voice. He was naturally loud and had distinguishable presents. Something that I craved to have.

"Well, for one they need to cool once they're out, and second off, they're for after tonight's dinner. So wait." My mother said sternly. Father loved umma's fruit cakes a lot. So much so that he along with some other hyungs and uncles would sneakily take the smallest of pieces off of the cake hoping that no one especially umma would notice and for a while, they got away with it. 3 years to be exact. But last year, Jennie had seen what father and the others were doing. It was just after mother had denied her to eat any of the sweet-smelling cake, so when she saw father and the others eating the cake she deemed it unfair, thus yelling, shouting, and throwing a fit, about how it was unfair that father and the uncles got to eat the cake but she didn't. That was when the others found out about the sneaky habit. Umma was furious.

"Big brother!" Jennie ran into me, giggling and smiling. Her new doll in hand, as well as her ribbons. I couldn't help but smile at my adorable little sister.

"What is it, Jen?" I ask rubbing her head softly.

"Hair." She said smiling.

"I thought mama was gonna do it for you."

"She's too busy now." I look up at our parents only to see our father trying to shower our mother with kisses and her trying to tell him to knock it off while sporting a huge smile.